Chapter One-Hundred Eight-Six

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 186

BPOV

"Please place your right hand on the bible and raise your left," said the bailiff. He rambled about telling the truth. I nodded, saying I would. "Have a seat."

I sat on the edge of the rickety wooden chair, looking around the courtroom. The gallery was filled with press, members of the FBI, Edward's family and some other victims of Aro's treachery. To my left was a box filled with jury members. On my right was the judge. Directly in front of me was Phil and Brianne. Edward was sitting behind their table, looking at me proudly. Off to the right was a young female attorney seated next to Aro, who was glaring at me angrily. His beady little eyes were piercing through me and the hatred he had for me and my family was abundantly clear.

"Miss del Cigno, are you alright?" asked the judge.

"Fine, your honor," I blushed, looking away from Aro and seeking Edward's loving gaze. I found his green eyes and he held up the sign for 'I love you,' mouthing the words. I gave him a brief smile before turning my gaze to Phil.

"Please state your name for the jury," Phil said.

"My name is Isabella Marie del Cigno," I replied.

"What is your relation to the defendant?"

"He was a rival of my father's, Charles del Cigno, and leader of the Volturi," I answered. "He also orchestrated my abduction outside of Edward's apartment in August."

"Tell the jury what happened to you, Miss del Cigno," Phil said quietly.

"In early August, I was leaving Edward's apartment. He was assigned as my bodyguard while he was undercover for the FBI. I had discovered his true identity and stormed out of his place. As I left, I was attacked by an ex-boyfriend, Riley Biers. He drugged me and I woke up in a warehouse." Woodenly, I explained what was done to me by Riley, James and Aro's goons. The looks on the jury's faces were of disgust and shock.

"When did you see Aro?" Phil asked quietly, standing off to the side so I could see Edward.

"Right before the raid on the warehouse," I said, sipping some water on the stand. "Aro was convinced that he was my biological father, having raped my mother while my dad was away on business. His claims were unfounded. After I was released, I needed to know if that monster was my father. Thankfully, he wasn't."

"Before Aro left you in that warehouse, what did he do?" Phil asked.

"He ordered my death," I cried, running my finger over my promise ring.

"What happened after that, Bella?" Phil questioned, his eyes laced with concern.

"I was in hell. My greatest fear was of being raped and James Cacciatore, he was getting ready to do just that. He snapped my leg and was reaching for my panties when I heard the door open. A quick succession of pops filled my ear and James fell off me. The next thing I remember was being held by Edward...Special Agent Cullen," I sighed, looking into his eyes.

"Are you suffering from any after effects from your abduction?"

"Yes," I whispered, nodding slowly.

"Can you describe them for the jury?"

"I was held in the hospital for over a month. My leg was nearly snapped off my body and I had to undergo two separate surgeries to correct it. I have permanent scars on my leg, my wrists, ankles, torso, hip and breasts from the torture those monsters imparted on me," I sniffled.

"Ladies and gentleman of the jury and your honor, I submit prosecution evidence photos one to one-hundred-three. Miss del Cigno, I apologize," Phil murmured. I dropped my gaze to my ring and waited while Phil showed extensive photos of my injuries. Twenty minutes later, Phil turned back to me. "Any other lasting effects?"

"I don't trust anyone. I'm afraid of my own shadow. Relationships with my friends and family have suffered because of my captivity. I will always be scarred by what was done to me, both physically and emotionally. I'm working through it but it's a long road to recovery," I frowned.

"Thank you, Miss del Cigno," Phil said, gripping my hand briefly. "Your witness."

Aro and his attorney were arguing. The judged huffed a sigh. "We're waiting, Miss Gregory. What's the hold up?"

"I apologize, your honor. My client wants to question the witness himself," Miss Gregory whimpered.

"Not going to happen, Mr. Volturi," the judge barked. "Your attorney asks the questions."

"But, your honor," Aro wheedled.

"Do you want to be held in contempt?" Aro's eyes bugged out and he quickly shook his head no. "Then sit down and shut up. Miss Gregory, the witness is yours."

She walked over to me and she gave me a wary look. "You said that Aro's claims were unfounded about his paternity of you. Why?"

"I didn't believe him. I had a separate paternity test done with my father and there was no way that Aro could have fathered me," I said coldly, glaring at this young lawyer. "The DNA tests were obviously cooked up and after speaking with the doctor, it's a physical impossibility for Aro to be a father. He has no testicles."

"LIES!" Aro boomed. "You're mine, you bitch! Renee got pregnant with you after she was with me!"

"Bailiff, take this man and lock him for contempt!" the judge growled. Aro was squirming in the hold of two large bailiffs, trying to convince the jury that he was indeed my biological father. Miss Gregory was staring at him in shock.

"Miss Gregory? Any further questions?" asked the judge, obviously pissed off at the outburst of her client.

"Uh, no," she whimpered. She sat down, thrusting her hands into her short hair.

"Redirect, your honor," Phil said, smiling broadly.

"Go ahead, Mr. Dwyer."

"Miss del Cigno, where did you have the paternity test completed?"

"Virginia Mason," I said.

"Your honor, I submit prosecution's evidence number one-hundred-four, the paternity test between Isabella del Cigno and Charles del Cigno. I also submit number one-hundred-five, the intake examination of Aro Volturi, confirming what Miss del Cigno stated. Charles is Bella's father. Aro couldn't father children. He had an accident as a child, causing one testicle to be removed and the other testicle was overridden with cancer." Phil smiled smugly before sitting down at the table.

"Miss del Cigno, you may step down. Thank you for your testimony today," the judge said kindly. I nodded and got up stiffly. The court officer who walked me from the conference room offered me his arm and I limped out to the gallery, sitting down next to Edward.

"I'm so proud of you, Little One," Edward whispered against my hair. I melted against his chest, not saying anything. The only thing I wanted was to be in his arms, alone and away from this whole ordeal.

A/N: Raise your hand if you think Aro is the devil incarnate! Evil, evil man. Up next will be the aftermath of the trial, the verdict and leading up to Christmas. FYI ~ Christmas will bring back citrus! Just sayin...My goal is to get through that by chapter 190. Leave me some!