Chapter Nine

New Story...I'm attempting a drabble. Rather, my version of drabble...a 1000 words or less per chapter. (Dear God, I'm afraid.) But excited, too. It'll force me to be more forward with my plotlines and yeah. Anyhow, none of this mine. I'm not, nor ever will be, Stephenie Meyer. I just like to play with her characters.

Chapter Nine

When I got home from my lunch with Emmett, I stomped to my dad's office. He was on the phone with one of James' cronies, finalizing the details about the drop off tonight. I hovered, tapping my foot impatiently as he finished up his phone call. He hung up, mirroring my slightly adolescent and childish pose. Huffing, I dropped the pose and skulked to the sofa in his office. "I'm so fucking pissed at you, Daddy. A run? Really?"

"James needs to meet with me, baby girl," Charlie said, his deep brown eyes softening. "I wouldn't go if he hadn't requested to meet with me explicitly."

"Something's off about this, Daddy," I said, my heart fluttering in my chest. "Has he asked for a meeting like this before?"

"A couple of times," he replied, sitting next to me. He ran his hand through my long brown hair. "Baby girl, you worry like your mother. She hated when I did this, too."

"It's because we could have lost you, Daddy," I pouted, tears filling my own brown eyes. "I've already lost one parent. I don't want to lose the other one. I'm not ready to do this."

"Who said you're doing this?" Charlie asked, his eyes flashing with anger. "Isabella Marie del Cigno, you are going to college to get a degree and make something of yourself. You have too good a heart to handle the business. Yes, you can take care of yourself but I've seen too many men die. I don't want that for my baby girl."

"Who's taking over when you get killed? Emmett?" I snapped. "Your oldest boy?"

"Isabella," Charlie ground out.

"Save it, Daddy. I know you fucked around on mom. Hell, since she died, you haven't kept it in your pants for more than a couple of days. You watch over Emmett like you watch over me. Tell me the fucking truth."

"Fine! Emmett is my illegitimate son. I slept with Emmett's mom once while she and John were 'taking a break.' She got pregnant. I think that John knew but never said anything since I could, literally, have him black balled out of the organization. I made sure that his family was well-cared for. Also, on paper, Emmett will take over in the event of my death. He knows this. I also suspect that Emmett knows that he's my kid, but I'll always be 'Uncle Charlie,'" he explained. Charlie wrapped his arms around me and cupped my face, making me look at him in the eyes. "Emmett may be my son, but you're my first as far as I'm concerned. Emmett's mother didn't tell me about our 'oops' until I saw that Emmett had hazel eyes and my unfortunate nose. You're my baby girl and the most important to me. I love you, Isabella. I know I don't tell you a lot but I do."

"I love you, too, Daddy. You have to promise me to be safe, though. If you come back and there's one hair on your head that's out of place, you'll be begging for Aro to come kick your ass," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," he snickered, kissing my cheek.

We ate dinner and hung out while I worked on a paper for my business class, outlining a successful business. Ironically, I was using Twilight as the business model, minus the illegal activities. The club, in and of itself, was quite lucrative. We could easily live off the profits from the club. Not as lavishly, but it was good money. However, I wasn't really into writing my paper. I was still freaking out over my dad's meeting with James at the delivery of his drugs.

When he got ready to go at nine, I felt sick. Seeing him don his black 'mafioso' gear and packing serious heat in his pockets, caused my heart to stammer against my ribs and my skin to break out into a cold sweat. Charlie promised that he'd be safe, not going anywhere unattended.

At ten, Emmett picked Charlie up and they left to go to the dock where the exchange was going to take place. I made Emmett promise me, vow to me, to keep my father safe. Emmett hugged me and assured me as best he could.

If only I could believe him...

A/N: No pictures with this one. However, you can find some other pics from other chapters on my blog. Link in my profile. Find me on Facebook, too: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on Twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

ies/lLQZ