Chapter Forty-Four

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Forty-Four

"God, that was so awesome!" I squealed as we walked back to the car. "I would die to go out there and feel the power of the engines as they throw me back into the seats. Can we go again?"

"I've never seen a girl this excited over cars," Edward snorted. "Well, besides Ro." I didn't like her. She was blonde, pretty and eyeing my man like he was a piece of grade-A steak. "What's with the face, Bella?"

"She wants you," I griped. "How do you know her?"

"I got her number from a guy name Carl. He helped me get some more solid work after I moved her from Chicago. He kind of adopted me, as it were. Ro worked on his car and he'd never steer me wrong. Seriously though, when we went over the specs of what I wanted for the car, she was totally blissing out or something."

"She was probably wearing her 'come' face," I sneered. Slut.

"Little One," Edward chided as he stopped me in front of the Mustang. He took my face in his hands. "Ro, while an extremely beautiful woman, is not the one that I want. Who am I sharing my first date with?"

"Me."

"Whose face am I holding?"

"Mine."

"Who is the girl who makes me feel happy and safe?" he whispered, staring into my eyes.

"Me," I answered, looking into his beautiful green orbs.

"Who is going to be my first kiss at the age of twenty-six, almost twenty-seven?" he pressed as his thumbs glided over the apples of my cheeks.

"Your Little One," I breathed. "Are you going to kiss me now?"

"I want to," he murmured. "Don't laugh at me if I suck."

"With lips like those, doubtful," I smirked.

He chuckled and his cheeks became pink. Licking his soft lips, he moved slowly down toward me, all the while holding my face. A loud horn blared and we jumped apart like two teenagers caught in the basement by the parental units. Dude, seriously? I want my mother fucking kiss! "Whoa, Bella, don't kill the idiots," Edward said as I started stalking off to the jack asses who honked their horn.

"Why the fuck not?" I growled, allowing myself to melt into his embrace.

"Because, they're not worth it. It's fate's way of telling us that the time isn't right," he said. "Sure, I'm pissed the ignorant douchebags with their horn, but it'll happen, Bella."

"Can't I, at least, shoot them in the leg?" I whined.

"No, Bella," Edward deadpanned, dragging me back to the car. With a huff, I got into the passenger seat and tried to calm myself from the temper tantrum that was threatening on erupting. After Edward left the speedway, he took my hand in his but didn't say anything. Slowly, methodically, Edward caressed the back of my hand with his thumb. I found myself more focused on the feeling of his rough but ever-so-soft thumb on my skin, moving freely over my knuckles. I swear, he some voodoo or something because I was purring like a kitten (and wet as can be...). Who know that my knuckles would be an erogenous zone?

He parked in front of the Five Point Café. They had the best burgers and amazing beer on draft. I wanted a twenty ounce Blue Moon. "Is this okay?" Edward asked nervously.

"Perfect," I beamed, squeezing his hand.

We got out of the car, walking to the bustling diner. "Have you ever been here before?"

"I've been here with the girls. It's great hangover food when the hangover is just starting," I giggled. He snorted and guided me inside of the door. We were quickly seated in a booth near the window. Edward grimaced, asking for a booth further inside of the restaurant. Still protecting me...Once we settled into our seats, I ordered my Blue Moon and Edward stuck with water. "No drinking?"

"Not much of a drinker, considering my dad," he shrugged. "If I do drink, I try to limit it and I avoid the hardcore liquor. I'll drink beer or wine."

"That makes sense. You don't mind if I...?" I trailed off.

"No, Bella. You can drink. I'm not an alcoholic. I just don't want history to repeat itself," he muttered, tearing at the paper napkin under his water.

"Edward, you're not your father," I said, taking his hand.

"I know. But, he was a drunk and alcoholism is genetic," he spat bitterly. He sighed, rubbing his face. "Sorry. Not many people know about the whole situation with my dad. They look at me weird because I don't drink; like I'm not one of the guys or something."

"You don't have to justify your reasons for not drinking to anyone," I replied sternly. "You be who you want to be, baby."

"Thanks, Little One," he said, giving me a crooked smile. "Now, I may not drink but these hamburgers look sinful."

"That's because they are," I giggled.

"Though, I should probably steer clear of the barbeque burger with the onion strings. When I do kiss you goodnight, I don't want to kill you with my onion breath!" he laughed.

"Edward!"

A/N: I'm sorry about 'kissblocking' these two. It'll happen. Trust me, it'll happen. (Among other things.) Pictures of the restaurant they went to are on my blog. Find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction or on twitter: Tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

o���|�'�