Chapter Twenty-Seven

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Twenty-Seven

We finished our marathon shopping spree and drove back to Vincenzo's. I paid for the suits, shirts and a handful of ties, much to Edward's chagrin. Angie tried to get me to go some club tonight but Edward's pursed lips indicated that her pleas would not be answered. If they were answered, it would be in the negative. Damn it. She pouted as we dropped her off but I reminded her of her new clothes in the trunk of Daddy's Mercedes. That perked up Angie and she skipped into her house, her bags swinging wildly.

"That was fun," I said as I clapped my hands.

Edward gave me a look of disbelief. "That's more shopping than I've ever done, in my entire life."

"Welcome to my world," I giggled. He sighed and drove us back to my house. The car was parked and we went inside. I strode past Edward with the bags and went directly into his room.

"Bella, what are you doing?" Edward asked as he watched me unload the bags. "What is this?"

"Your wardrobe," I said as I hung up t-shirts, folded jeans and filled his meager closet. "You said I could get you a week's worth of clothes."

"This is far more than a week, Bella," he chided, indicating to the bags that covered his queen-sized bed. "Plus the suits? It's too much."

I waved him off as I continued filling his closet. Forty-five minutes later, his closet was organized and filled with designer label clothing, two chic suits and five pairs of shoes. I'd definitely want him to have more suits if we're going clubbing, but the two he has will work nicely for now. "So, when do you want to start working on those fighting lessons?" I asked when I finished. I knew he hadn't left since I could feel his gaze on my body while I worked. I held up my hands, pretending to box the air.

He chuckled before sobering his expression on his face. "We'll start tomorrow," he replied. "In the morning."

"Great!" I beamed, but it quickly faded. "I should have picked up some more workout clothes. More reason to go shopping again!"

Edward rolled his eyes and walked to the kitchen where our chef was preparing dinner. It smelled like steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus. Yummy! Emmett and Charlie were in the dining room, talking in quiet but anxious tones. I sat down in the dining room, grinning at my father and my cousin. "We're good for the next couple of days with Edward," I beamed.

"Excellent," Charlie replied. "We've got Billy's wake and funeral figured out. Visitation will be happening tomorrow from three until nine. The service is the day after at ten at St. Raymond's."

"Do you think that Aro will show up?" Edward asked, sitting next to Emmett.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Charlie growled. "He probably wants to see his handiwork. Emmett, Edward, make sure that all of the guys are carrying concealed weapons. You too, baby girl. Use your new thigh holster."

"It's important that we stay with you," Emmett said, looking at Charlie. "The only time we'll be separated is when we're handling our pall bearer duties. Seth will be with Bella during that and Jared, Angie's father, is going to stay with Charlie."

"Is there going to be a banquet or whatever after the service?" Edward asked.

"There is. I've rented out Il Terrazzo Carmine in downtown Seattle," Charlie replied. "Aro wouldn't be stupid enough to try and put a hit on me at a restaurant in front of my entire family, but still, keep your eyes open." The chef delivered our meals. "Thank you, Carmen. This looks delicious."

"You need to build up your strength, Charlie," she said, winking at him. "And you've got two strapping men here. You need your beef. Buon appetito!"

"What about me?" I asked, plastering on a fake pout.

"You eat salad," Carmen teased, kissing my head. She put a plate in front of me with a steak like everyone else. Dinner was delicious. Carmen was an amazing cook. Her husband, Eleazar, handled the care of the home: basic upkeep, gardening and landscaping. Their daughter, Katerina, was our housekeeper and kept the main areas of the house clean. Our personal rooms were our own responsibility. Much to my dismay.

I hate cleaning.

A/N: No pictures with this one, folks. But other pictures from previous chapters are on my blog. Link is in my profile. Also, find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!