Chapter Fifty-Three

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Fifty-Three

We all took off and ran into my room. Bella was thrashing on the bed. Charlie crawled in there with her but she punched him the stomach and again in his jaw before she woke up. "Daddy!" she wept. "I'm so sorry!"

"Don't worry, baby girl," he said as he gathered her in his arms. She cuddled against him but looked at me longingly. "You okay?"

"No," she grumbled. "I'm scared, Daddy. Someone tried to hurt me. Hurt Edward!"

"I know," he muttered, kissing her forehead.

"What are you going to do about it?" she whimpered.

"I don't know, Bella. I don't want to fight this with violence," Charlie said wearily. Bella shot up, glaring at her father. "It's because of the violence that we were in this situation in the first place. Bella, I'm not getting any younger and the fact that my daughter had a bomb planted in her car scares the living shit out of me. I'm done, Isabella. Done!"

"What do you mean, Uncle Charlie?" Emmett asked.

"I'm probably talking out of my ass, but I need to take a step back," he sighed. "How do you feel about going to Italy a little earlier than usual?" Bella pouted but nodded against Charlie's chest. "Okay, baby girl. I'll go make the arrangements. You try and get some sleep." He kissed her cheek and tucked her back into the bed. He nodded to Emmett and me.

"Edward, you're coming back, right?" Bella asked, her brown eyes beseeching me.

"As soon as I'm done talking to your dad," I said, cupping her tiny face in my hand.

"Good. When I woke up and you were gone, I panicked. Hence, the scream," she chuckled. "I thought you were dead."

"I'm not dead, Little One. I'm an angel, remember?" I smiled, brushing my thumb along her cheek.

"Mio angelo," she breathed. "Kiss, please?"

I bent down, kissing her soft lips, lingering longer than was probably polite. I pulled back and brushed her messy curls away from her face before dropping to give her three soft pecks on her lips. She moaned before falling back onto the pillows and burrowing into the covers. I went back out into the living room. Charlie was typing, pitifully, on Emmett's laptop. His scowl was deep as he stared at the screen. "What's wrong, Charlie?" I asked.

"The earliest flight to Rome is in three days. I want Bella out of here yesterday," he snarled.

"Charlie, it may be beneficial to have us stay. The cops never questioned us. They're gonna know that the car belonged to Bella since the registration is in her name, right?" I asked.

"No, it belongs to Twilight. If anything, the cops would come talk to me or to my business manager at Twilight," Charlie said. "I'll let Leah know about the explosion so she can do some footwork on keeping the cops off our backs."

"We didn't do anything wrong, Uncle Charlie. Aro and his stunads were the ones who obviously planted the bomb into Bella's car," Emmett said, crossing his arms over his massive chest.

"No, but the cops sniffing around could possibly cause issues with Twilight. On paper, I'm legit. Under the table, I'm dirty," Charlie explained.

"Can anything be linked to you?" I asked.

"No. Well, not directly. I've got several assumed aliases, but everything leads back to the name 'David Swan.'"

"David?" Emmett asked.

"My wife had a crush on Michelangelo's David and thought I looked like him when I was younger, but with a bigger cock," Charlie smirked.

"Yeah, didn't need to know that," Emmett said, his eyes wide with distaste.

"Well, regardless, the cops are going to figure out that the car is linked to you. Our IDs were at the club and we're going to be questioned," I said.

"What are you going to say?" Emmett asked.

"The truth, minus the threatening of the cabbie," I snorted.

"You threatened the cabbie?" Charlie smirked, arching his brow.

"He made some comment about Bella's crying and I held my gun to his head, telling him to shut the hell up or he'd be unrecognizable," I shrugged.

"Go, Edward!" Emmett beamed, holding out his fist. I pounded it, hating that I had resorted to threats, but I knew it was necessary.

"I'll go with what you suggest, Edward. You and Bella are going to fly out on Wednesday for Rome. I'll arrange for a limo to pick you up and take you to our villa on the Amalfi Coast," Charlie explained. "I'll join you as soon as I'm able. I'm thinking probably early the following week."

"I'll need to go to my apartment and pick up my passport," I explained. "Also, redirect my mail and such."

"Can you handle doing that on Monday?" Charlie asked, his brows furrowed. "I'm thinking Bella's going to need you." He sighed and squeezed my shoulder. "Go to her."

"You sure?" I asked.

"She trusts you, Edward. I never saw her cling to anyone like that. Ever. Not even me when her mother died," Charlie murmured. "Take care of my baby girl." He blinked away a few tears. Then, he let go of my shoulder and went upstairs.

"He's been replaced," Emmett said quietly, breaking the silence. "It's killing him that his baby girl isn't going to him anymore. Now, it's you."

What the hell is he talking about?

A/N: No pictures with this one. Though, I will have pictures of their home on the Amalfi Coast, eventually. Find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

butN�ۗ�'�