Chapter One-Hundred Five

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 105

When Edward wants to distract me, he is quite the enabler.

Yep.

I spent more money on random shit that I probably ever should.

He was trying to help me forget the douchebaggy, asshole, awful things his father did to him during his whole life. I did manage to buy some new clothes, a few new purses and this pair of heels that I wanted to wear tonight for our dinner after the gondola ride, which we booked on our way from St. Mark's. We were supposed to be at the pier outside of our hotel by six. The gondola would take us to our restaurant and pick us up once we were done.

After lunch, Edward wanted to go into a store that sold Murano glass and millefiore jewelry. I furrowed my brow. He insisted and we wandered in the tiny shop, looking at the small, intricate pieces of art that were shaped into pendants, bracelets and earrings.

A short, plump woman toddled over to us and asked if we wanted to see anything, in Italian. Edward blushed and asked if she spoke English. "I speak a little. What you like?"

"The heart pendant," Edward said pointing to a silver encased heart pendant.

"Very pretty for your girl," she said, taking it out and pairing it with a chunky silver chain.

"It's beautiful," Edward replied, staring right at me. "Do you have anything that compliments it? Any other jewelry?" She frowned. I translated into Italian.

"Not exactly," she answered. "But, this bracelet is very beautiful, too." She took out a bracelet with millefiori beads that jingled quietly. "You know where she is."

We both laughed at her joke. "Do you like them, Little One?" he asked, his green eyes wide and swimming with happiness.

"They're gorgeous," I breathed, lightly touching the heart pendant.

"How much for all of this?" he asked.

"For you, because you so in love with your girl, €20, including the chain," she grinned.

My heart sped up when Edward didn't deny the love thing. He kissed my lips three times and paid for my pendant and bracelet with cash. The woman wrapped it up and handed Edward the sleek red bag. "Thank you."

"Enjoy your jewelry, sweet one," she winked at me.

I blushed, ducking my face by Edward's shoulder. He dropped a kiss to my head, leading us out of the store. "We probably should head back to the hotel. I'm assuming you want to make yourself more gorgeous for our dinner out, yeah?" Edward asked, giving me the bag. "I know it's not diamonds..."

"I'd rather have this then the most expensive diamonds in the world," I answered honestly, brushing my lips against his.

"Well, this is going to sound incredibly cheesy and I admit this, but bear with me since I'm a novice at this relationship thing," he sputtered, smiling crookedly. He reached into the bag and took out the heart pendant. Tenderly, he clasped it around my neck. "I've told you that I've never felt this way about anyone. I've always been closed off, tentative, gruff and well, an asshole."

"Edward," I chided.

"I probably shouldn't have said asshole as I do this," he chuckled, fingering the heart pendant that lay between my collarbones. "Here comes the cheesy part. Don't laugh."

"I would never..." I frowned. He kissed me swiftly.

"I know. Anyhow, it may be a piece of glass jewelry in the shape of a heart but it's really mine," he whispered, his eyes capturing my own gaze. "Look after my heart, it's with you...always."

"Okay, that was not cheesy," I said, wiping a few tears away. "That was possibly the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me." I grasped the pendant, smiling softly. "I'll never take it off, Edward."

"I will get you diamonds. I promise," he quipped, pulling me to his side. We sat on the bench, watching the crowds amble past.

"I don't need diamonds, Edward. All I want is you," I whispered against his shoulder. He tightened his hold on me, kissing my hair. His fingers traced my jaw and he looked at me. I gave him a loving smile. He smiled back before pressing three, angelic and sweet kisses on my mouth.

"Come on, Little One," he said, helping me up. "We've got a hot date tonight." I giggled and we caught a cab to the hotel. Edward said that he had to make a few phone calls before our date. I nodded and eagerly accepted his kisses before he ducked out of the room, barking that I double lock the door.

When he left, I called and made some arrangements myself. I asked the front desk to cover the entire room with candles, lighting them when I called on our way back from the restaurant. I also asked for some champagne, a birthday cake and a very late breakfast tomorrow. I also arranged for transportation to Verona. The hotel would be providing a limo and driving us to the nearby city. Once I was done with my phone calls, I went and showered again, washing off the sweat and grime from walking around all day. I curled my hair and put on a black maxi dress with spaghetti straps. It was very sedate but still very sexy. I found a pair of silver hoop earrings and paired it with my new pendant and the bracelet that Edward had gotten me.

Edward came back an hour after I got out of the shower. His eyes were red but he seemed at peace. I cupped his face and he smiled sweetly. "I'm fine. I just called my foster mom. She always wants me to check in on my birthday. I'd get reamed if I didn't. She'd find me anywhere."

"She sounds awesome," I replied.

"She is. She reminds me of my mom, but it's different," he shrugged. "I'm going to shower and then we'll get going, okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Oh, and Bella?"

"Yes, Edward," I breathed.

"This has been the best birthday I'd ever had since the day I spent with my mom. It's because I'm with you," he murmured, giving me shy, crooked grin. He winked and ducked into the bathroom.

And I melted.

However, I had to ask myself, why was I holding back on saying those three words to him? He obviously feels the same way...

My reverie was broken by a beeping of Edward's phone. It was a text alert. Being nosy, I figured it was Emmett but it wasn't. It was someone named Carlisle.

Happy birthday, son. I miss you and can't wait to catch up once you get back to the states. Sorry I missed your call. Love you – Carlisle

Who was he? Why was he calling Edward 'son?'

A/N: Another clue for Miss Bella. Dun dun dun...They'll discuss it. I promise. Pictures of the pendant and necklace are on my blog. Also, their outfits are on my Polyvore, under the Mafia Princess collection. Next chapter will be the big shebang...It's going to be a longer chapter since I do not want to break it up or lose my flow. Probably closer to what I normally write (not drabblish AT ALL, more like verbose and overly wordy). For my pervy little fiends (you know who you are), there will be pictures on my tumblr after this next chapter is posted. Leave me some!

ora