Chapter Fifty-Nine

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Fifty-Nine

"Well, be prepared to have a five-foot-two shadow sneaking into your bed, Masen," she giggled, kissing my neck. "Now, the other thing...you and me, making love..."

"You don't beat around the bush, do you, Little One?" I quipped.

"Nope."

"What do you want to know? It's not like I'm a wealth of information. I mean, I've seen porn but..." I rambled.

"No, Edward. I know all about sex. I lost my virginity when I was fifteen to my first boyfriend," she shrugged. "Well, I know about sex. Making love? Not so much. Anyhow, before we even consider taking that step, I want you to know that I'm safe and clean. I may be a little slutty but I always take care of myself."

"You're not slutty," I chided.

"Edward, how many people have you had sex with?" she asked.

"One. Kind of?"

"Well, I've been with a lot more than that," she grimaced. "Twenty, maybe?"

Sweet baby Jesus.

"But, each one didn't really mean anything," she continued. "More like a means to an end. The last guy I was with, Riley, was more like a fuck buddy than a boyfriend." She blinked, cupping my face with her hand. "Being with you will undoubtedly mean more to me than any of those guys, combined."

"I feel the same way," I murmured. "I'm still adamant on taking it slowly, Bella. I feel more comfortable with you than I do with anyone else, but I can still fall into a flashback. I trust you, though. I know you'd never hurt me, intentionally, that is."

"I couldn't even imagine hurting you, Edward," she said. Bella blushed and bit her lip. She twisted my fingers before looking up at me. "Can we make love without a condom?"

"What about children? Are you on birth control?" I asked, my heart slamming against my ribs.

"I'm covered. I get the shot. I'm due for another one at the end of July," she explained. "I'm clean." She huffed out a breath. "I want to feel all of you, Edward." She looked up at me and her brown eyes implored me. "When we do make love, I want you to be with me without anything. Please?"

"Let me think about it, Bella. It's not that I don't trust you. I don't trust myself," I said as I took her tiny face in my hands. Her eyes flicked to my shirt and I could feel her pain. "Little One, you're asking a man who has issues with touch to make love to you without a condom. I'm still getting used to the whole kissing thing, which I love, by the way."

"I love kissing you, too," she blushed, giving me a shy smile.

"I'm not, in anyway, rejecting you, Little One. God, I want you so badly. I'd never felt this way about anyone. I never wanted to make love to anyone. I was too afraid to and the one time I did act on those impulses, I lost my virginity and fell into a deep flashback. Can't we just explore what feels good? Let it happen naturally?" I suggested.

"I like that," she said. I tenderly cupped her chin and pressed a soft, sweet kiss against her mouth. She sighed, massaging my head slightly. "I can't wait to get to Italy."

"Me neither. I've never been and I'm excited to be away from the drama," I said as I pulled her to my side. And the ever-watchful eyes of your father. "What are we going to do there?"

"Well, we usually stay for all of June. It's weird going just before Memorial Day, but I'm okay with that. Typically, I just hung out at the villa, shopped, went swimming, shopped some more, and relaxed. With you, since it's your first time in Italy, I may have to give you a tour of all of my favorite places. We also have your birthday to celebrate, Mr. Masen," she giggled. "Twenty-seven? You old man, you! Dating a younger woman!"

"I'm not that old," I snorted.

"No, you're not. I'm just giving you shit," she said, lightly smacking my arm. "What do you want for your birthday?"

"Nothing, Bella. Besides, it's like three weeks away," I said.

"I want to get you something, Edward," she whined.

"You. In a bow," I answered sarcastically, though the idea did have merit. She smirked at me and picked up her book. I did the same and settled in for the long flight to Rome.

We eventually nodded off and didn't wake up until the plane started its descent into the Rome International Airport. Bella was rumpled and cranky, but thankfully too sleepy to freak out about the landing. The plane pulled up to the gate and we exited, going directly to the bathrooms. I reapplied some deodorant, brushed my teeth and sprayed some cologne on. My hair was a mess so I put on a black baseball cap over my hair. I finished and waited for Bella outside of the women's room. She stumbled out of the bathroom, yawning widely. "We've got a limo waiting for us at baggage claim."

"How long's the ride to your villa?"

"Three and half hours," she yawned. "Come one, tesoro, I want to go back to sleep. I tired."

I snickered, walking her toward baggage claim. Shortly after that, we went through customs and out to find the limo. A short man with a bad comb-over was standing, holding a sign saying 'Swan family.' "That's us," Bella said as she dragged me toward the man. She prattled on in fluent Italian. The man smiled and took her suitcase, leading us out into the balmy twilight. He helped Bella into the limo and I followed behind her. The driver loaded up our luggage. He lowered the partition, speaking in Italian to Bella. She responded in kind before putting her head in my lap.

"What did you say?"

"He asked if we wanted to get something to eat. I said no. I want to open up the villa and actually demonstrate my cooking abilities for you," she said, closing her eyes. Within minutes, she's asleep and I'm watching the scenery out the window. The three and half hours breeze by and soon we're pulling up to a massive house just off the water. Bella woke up and took out her credit card. She handed it to the driver who waved her off. She nodded, handing him a couple hundred Euro. He nodded and the limo pulled away. "Welcome to our home away from home, Edward."

A/N: Pictures of the villa are on my blog; link is in my profile. And you know the drill! Also, if anyone of you have awesome stories about Italy or suggestions on where they should go, please leave a review with that suggestion.

dencg۾'