Chapter One-Hundred Forty-Eight

Twilight...not mine (sigh). **Graphic Violence Warning**

Chapter 148

EPOV

"Bella is more than likely injured. Have a bus on standby," I whispered brokenly.

"Ten-four, Agent Cullen," Agent Banner said gruffly. "Do you need backup?"

"Be advised that I will need backup. Proceed with caution," I said, leaving the office and walking to the final door. I could hear voices. The most distinct sound was that of crying, sobbing. Bella...I'm coming for you, baby. Checking my gun, I tried the knob and found it locked. "I'm going in," I said, preparing to kick down the door.

When I heard the screams, I didn't hesitate. Kicking down the door, I entered a large room. Riley was standing close to the exit by a bank of computers. He started to run. "FBI! FREEZE!" I yelled. He reached behind his back. I shot him twice. I looked over to center of the room and saw James hovering over my girl. She was feebly trying to fight him off. His belt was undone and he looked like he was going to rape her. He snarled, reaching for her panties. I shot him three times, twice in the chest and once in the head. He slumped off the table, dragging one of Bella's legs off of it.

Holstering my gun, I sprinted to Bella and she was a mess. However, the most troubling wound was on her hip. "No! No! No! Little One, stay with me," I cried, taking off my own belt and wrapping it around her leg as a makeshift tourniquet. Quickly, I removed the handcuffs, gathering in my arms. She was freezing cold, almost naked and covered in bruises, cuts, burns and shallow stab wounds.

"Edward," she whispered, almost inaudibly, as she reached for my face. I felt her cold fingers graze my jaw before her hand fell to her chest.

"I'm here, Little One," I cried, holding her closer to my body. She slumped and her body just gave up. Struggling, I wrapped her in my jacket and barked into my ear piece. "I need a bus. NOW! Two DOAs and one critically injured. Northeast corner of the warehouse."

"We're almost there, Edward," panted Carlisle.

"Keep Charlie out of here," I said, picking up Bella and carrying her away from the carnage. She was feather-light and so broken. "He shouldn't see her like this."

"Agent Cullen, this is Agent Banner, Volturi is apprehended. The bus is here with EMTs. Do you copy?" Banner asked.

"Ten-four," I said, walking out of the room that I found my girl in. I slid to the ground, holding her close to me. She was so cold. "I'm here, Bella. I'm so sorry that I lied to you. Please, don't leave me." I rocked her gently as I waited for the EMTs. Carlisle arrived first, stepping over the bodies of the men that I killed outside of the office.

"Edward?" Carlisle whispered, falling to his knees. "Can I see her?"

I held her closer to my body, wanting to take her and run. I didn't want another person harming her. My mind was reeling of scenarios of monsters and men who took what wasn't theirs. "Where's Charlie?" I asked, pressing a kiss to Bella's forehead. She sighed, burrowing closer.

"Emmett is keeping him at bay. The EMTs were right behind me," Carlisle said, looking at the tiny, broken woman in my arms. As he spoke, the EMTs walked in with the gurney. I didn't want to relinquish her. For the first time since she said she hated me in my apartment, I felt complete. My heart didn't hurt. But, she was injured. I wasn't a doctor.

"Special Agent Cullen, we need to help her," said the female EMT. I stood up and carried her to the gurney. I left my coat on her as I lay her on the stretcher. As I let her go, her eyes flew open. She was in a panic. "Miss del Cigno, please calm down."

Bella began rambling in Italian, reaching for me weakly. She was calling for prottetore and not wanting me to leave her. I raced to her side, holding her hand in mine. Resting my forehead against hers, I whispered to her in Italian, "I'm not going anywhere, Little One. You're safe now. Nothing will hurt you."

She stared at me with wide eyes. "Promise?" she asked in Italian.

"I promise, Little One," I responded in English. She smiled before succumbing to her pain. The EMTs covered her in a heavy blanket before rolling her out of the office. Carlisle walked over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. My heart constricted as I watched her go. "Dad..."

"I know, son," Carlisle said as he guided me out of the office. "We'll debrief later. You go with her. She needs you, just like she needs her father." Out in the warehouse, Charlie was a mess as he walked with the EMTs to the exit. I tore out my earpiece, tired of hearing the voices in my head and I walked up to Emmett.

"You saved her, brother," he said, looking at me. "I'm so sorry for how I acted before..."

"I know and understand why you did," I replied, shooting him a glance.

"That doesn't make it right. I know you love her. I know that she loves you," Emmett said, smiling sadly. "You saved her life and...you...you're family now." He turned to me, hugging me close. I panicked slightly but I knew why he was hugging me. I responded in kind, trying to keep my emotions at bay. He pulled back, patting my face. "Thank you, Agent Cullen."

"Not for much longer, Em," I said.

The female EMT ran back and she looked at me. "She's asking for you, sir. Her father is insistent that you come with us. We need to get her to the hospital."

"Go, Edward," Emmett smirked. I nodded and handed my weapon to my father. I kept my ID badge on my belt before running to the ambulance with the EMT. Clambering into the back, Charlie gave me an appreciative smile as we pulled away from the torture chamber.

A/N: Reunited...they're reunited...but Bella's a mess. And what's going to happen to Charlie? Aro? Bella? Edward? Emmett? Rose? The whole crew? You'll see...

LkHipާ