"I don't even mind if it takes the whole night" he paused and exhaled loudly before clapping his hands together in a congratulatory kind of way.

"How does that sound? Okay? Good." He stated quickly as he hurried to get out.

"No! We are all staying" Bruno announced with relish

Bastard. Utter bastard. Bruno must have thought because he looked like he wanted to punch him to kingdom come.

"I would rather shoot someone than be here at the moment. What the fuck was I thinking of getting caught up in your sneaking and lurking" Romano exploded out of the doorway and stalked towards the window.

"Don't be a bitch" Bruno told him, unfazed.

"She'll make herself sick if this continues" Romano sounded worried.

He walked towards the bed and sat next to her.

"Come on Soph you've got to stop crying, and if you must know hysterical women make me uncomfortable"

"Don't call me hysterical and that statement is as sexists as they come which makes you a male chauvinistic." The unexpected fury that swept through Sophie must have surprised her because her eyes widened a bit.

Romano smiled, he looked different when he smiled and Sophie noticed because she looked enthralled.

Damn Romano and his elusive charm. I will need to warn him against using his male brooding charm on Sophie.

Why do women find a brooding man attractive? I wondered.

"I have been called worse but nobody has ever accused me of being sexists" I heard Romano say.

"Well, you are. And unsympathetic. How would you feel if someone just volunteered you for death by a bullet?"

"I have always thought the bullet was the best way to go, it's easier and less messy. A knife, however.."

"Don't" Raphael ordered before he continued.

Sophie stared at Romano, her eyes looking puzzled, her nose furrowed and her head slightly tilted.

"You're serious"

"I don't joke about death neither do I fear it."

I could tell Romano's words made her nervous, her beautiful eyes were red and swollen from crying. She turned her face towards me and announced she wanted to go home"

"You can't go home cara," I said apologetically.

"Why not?"

"It's not safe"

"For whom?"

"For you to be unprotected right now." I was getting tired of this. I have never had to answer for my actions and suddenly a mere slip of a girl was making me uncertain, insecure, and downright possessive.

"I assure you I have been safe for the last 22 years and I have survived without much of a hitch except today, and it's all your fault.I can take a taxi, you don't really have to drive me. I know Gabs must be worried about me"

"Who is Gabs?" I heard Romano ask, his voice amused I wondered what exactly amused him.

I knew convincing her to remain in my house was going to be hard, but I was also prepared to force her if I had to.

"Would you guys mind, I need to speak to Sophie alone" it wasn't a request though it sounded like one.

"Sorry, no can do," Romano said smirking at me