But he realized he was wrong when she spoke again with her sleepy whisper, "Can I... confess something?"

Her voice was soft but it reached his ears. He hummed in return while his hand stroke her head and played with her hair. There was silence after that and Kris wondered if she was still awake.

"... I-" She sounded hardly awake but she continued, "I like Sehun- no, actually-" she let out a heavy breath of trying to stay awake "- I think I've come to love him by now."

Then, there was a pause again which made the pain in his heart unable to be ignored. If pain had a sound, it would rang loudly in his heart amidst this silence.

"But," she breathily continued, "I never told you that I love you too."

His eyes rounded.

Another pause. Another silence. But this time, Kris was too stumped to even feel the earlier pain. It almost felt like the pain was not even there any longer.

"I love you, Kris," she repeated before tilting her head up causing him to look down at her. Her eyes fluttered open again and she stared at him with drowsy eyes. "I love you so much-" she lowered her head to rest it on his chest "- Yifan oppa."

The name escaping her lips felt like a final nail to her confession. It was as if she was trying to tell him that she meant it. Did she really meant it though? It was all too sudden for him to believe. She hugged him tighter  while he tried to make himself believe that this was indeed real. A heavy breath escaped her lips again when her eyes came to a close.

"I wish I have two hearts," she whispered.

Kris stayed silent for a long while. He gulped down the lump in his throat. He wasn't sure what to feel right now. Whether to be hurt or be happy of her hardly-conscious confession. Resting his cheek on the top of her head, he listened to her steady breathing. This time, she had really dozed off again. He just wished that when the morning came, she would remember her confession of loving him.

__________

"China?!" Her eyes widened while Kris on the driver's seat nodded in reply. "Tonight?!"

"Grandpa wants us all there before the new year's eve." Spinning the steering wheel to have the car turn at a corner, Kris added, "your mom and Jinho are coming with us too."

Yeojin sighed and leaned back on her seat. "But new year's eve is still two days away." She looked at him from the corner of her eyes. "Does this have to do with the news?"

Kris briefly glanced at her before looking back ahead. "Kind of." He sighed. "The media would be all over us after earlier presscon. It would be better if we could stay away from them. Otherwise, it will stressed you out. And I don't want that." He smiled to her. "It's your winter break! You shouldn't be stressed out."

"Tell me about it." She rolled her eyes but then grinned. "I guess there's nothing wrong with a holiday, right?"

Kris smiled again. Even without looking at her, he could hear the grin in her voice. "Yeah. And like I said, Grandpa really wants us all to be there."

"Cool. Ah!" She suddenly clicked her tongue. "But we haven't packed up."

Kris laughed. "Yeah. That's why we'll be going to our house first now. Then we'll go back to the mansion for your mom and Jinho."

"How long are we going to stay in Guangzhou?"

"A week."

Yeojin groaned. "Then, speed up! We need to pack up in just hours time for a week-long trip!"

Kris laughed again then glanced at her. "You're being a bossy wife now."

"Shut up and drive!" She pushed his cheek with a finger to turn his head back ahead while he laughed louder.

After some time of comfortable silence, they were finally around their neighborhood. Kris briefly glanced at her who was busy with her phone. Her confession suddenly crossed his mind again. This morning, she woke up as if nothing happened. He wondered if she really didn't remember what she said in her half-awake state the other night.

He cleared his throat. "About what you said last night..."

"About why I married you?" She asked back with raised brows. "Can we not talk about that now?"

"No, not that." Kris rolled his eyes. "I meant your confession."

"My confession?" Yeojin furrowed her brows. "What confession? Oh! By the way, I searched for tourist attractions in Guangzhou, and found this safari park." She excitedly showed him the article in her phone. "They have pandas there! Can we go there later? I'm sure Jinho will like it!" She grinned at him and he sighed.

Glancing at her who stared at him with wide hopeful eyes, he snorted. "Alright. We'll go there." He grinned and she cheered before turning her attention back to her phone.

Once his eyes focused back on the road, his smile slowly disappeared. Maybe she really didn't remember, he thought. Or maybe he was just dreaming it himself. Maybe her loving him would stay a fantasy.

__________

So, she finally confessed! Or did she?

If you're itching to know the true reason Yeojin agreed to marry Kris, no worries. There'll be a flashback of it later. I was too lazy to include everything here lol