"What?" He frowned. "What was he doing here? Wait, and you opened the door for him while you're only in my jumper?"

"What? No!" Yeojin quickly retorted and Kris let out a sigh of relief. "I opened the door, but I didn't let him in. I only peeked my head out. Anyway-" She bit down her lips then licked it. "He told me he had an inkling his father had something to do with the setup."

Kris snorted in disbelief as he crossed his arms.

"He told me this because he knew you wouldn't trust him. And you've been avoiding him. Suho oppa was always busy too. Chanyeol had been wanting to warn you."

"Well maybe he never wanted to warn me in the first place, Jin. What if he was just acting like he's on my side?"

Yeojin narrowed her eyes at him. "You're not trusting him just because he stole your past girlfriends, Kris. Don't you think that it's childish for you to hold a grudge over such matter? He was your best buddy before. And for the record, he's not asking you to do anything for him other than to trust him do his thing. But with or without your trust, he will still help. He was just trying to tell you that he's on your side. He's not gaining anything from your trusting him," she pointed out and Kris let her words sink in his mind. "He's meaning to either stop his own father or take him down, need I remind you."

Kris heaved a defeated sigh as he closed his eyes. "Alright." He stared at her again. "I'm going to trust him. But only because you persuaded me." He suddenly scoffed and smiled to himself. "I guess now I understand why husbands are scared of their wives most of the time."

Yet, Yeojin wasn't really paying attention to his joke. "If this was really Park Changsun's doing," she started again lowering her gaze and clutching on her mug of coffee, "then there's something you need to know."

Kris raised a brow and silently waited for her to continue. Pursing her lips, she dragged her gaze up to meet his.

"It's about why I agree to marry you. It wasn't just a simple wish of your dad, Kris. There was more."

In an instant, Kris felt anxious. "Alright. Shoot." He nodded for her to continue.
.
.
.
Different emotions were surging inside him as he watched her sleep beside him. Relief, guilt, and anger were few of them.

The truth was finally out. Now, he knew that their marriage wasn't just her meekly following his dad's wish. Their marriage was her sacrifice. It was the evidence of her love for his family that she cared most beside her own.

He reached out his hand and gently stroke her head. His hand then slid down to cup her cheek. The look of tranquility on her face eased his heart a little. His own mind, on the other hand, refused to let him be at peace. The thought of her going to eventually leave him filled his mind. With her heart for someone else, it didn't seem farfetched. And it scared him. He couldn't imagine himself waking up to someone else who isn't Yeojin.

Carefully, he propped himself up a little and leaned over to kiss his sleeping wife just like he occasionally did whenever Yeojin slept beside him. Even though she was sleeping and couldn't return his kiss, it was always able to give him assurance that she was still his. He pulled away then was instantly frozen when he saw her eyes fluttered open.

Yeojin silently stared at him with hooded eyes for some time before her lids dropped to a close again. When he was sure she was asleep again, Kris let out a breath he had been holding, lying back down.

"I always thought it was just a dream," her sleepy voice startled him.

She still had her eyes closed and Kris wondered if she was just sleep-talking. Suddenly she snuggled closer hugging his waist with an arm. The sudden close proximity flustered him and made his heart beat faster. After hesitating for some time, he returned her hug and rested his chin on top of her head. Hearing her steady breathing, he was sure she had fallen asleep.