"Paris, you said we needed to talk. So then talk-"

"I know I'm young. A-and that last kiss we shared was a mistake-"

I sat up now, running my hand through my constantly growing hair. "Paris, we swore to never speak of that ever again." I began to get out of the bed, but she grabbed my hand and stopped me as she stood up and came closer to me.

"No, you practically made me swear. I never willfully blotted that moment out of my memory. You want to know why?" I had the urge to pull myself away and utter 'hell no' but I somehow found myself entertaining her absurd thoughts.

"Because I felt something I never felt before. And by the way you haven't dropped my hand yet, means you did too." As she mentioned our still intertwined hands, I also noticed the other circumstances we were in.

Our close proximity, the way she looked up at me with those eyes that held me in a trance like the day I kissed her. Or she kissed me, it was still a blur.

"Paris, you know I cant do this with you." As I said those words, I noticed the immediate change in her eyes. But she quickly masked it, trying to softly laugh it off as she nodded and pulled away.

"It's alright Markus. I'll keep my distance, and I'll be sure to stay out of your way." As she made her way to the door, I had the sudden urge to stop her apologize for what I said.

But I didn't get the chance to before she went to the door, and I watched as both Paris and Jackson exchanged words.

I took that as the time to head into the bathroom and clear my thoughts with a shower. While rinsing myself off, I wiped the steam off the glass window in the shower and looked at my appearance.

It was surprising how the cops didn't know it was me right off the bat, the infamous disappearing man, who was later pronounced dead.

I was aging, and only being in my late twenties meant I'd have to be more wise with my decisions.

But for now, all I could think of was finding my son. Paris could not come in between that. No matter how much I felt myself lusting after her, and beginning to care about her despite knowing it was wrong of me to do so.

My only objective now was finding out more about that Danieli guy, because he was just too familiar for my liking. And something told me he had some relation to the Darwins.

---

J A C K S O N

I sat on the edge of the bed, hearing the shower turn off a couple of minutes ago as I waited for Markus to come out.

I thought over and over about the situation with Ebony. How she's been affecting me, and also how I've now recently come to find out about how I've been affecting her.

In a way that was completely opposite to the way she was beginning to make me feel.

The door finally opened and Markus stepped out. A myst of steam followed him out as I brought my head back down to my shaking hands.

I really needed that smoke right now.

"What's up." He walked across the room to find a shirt as he already had on his jeans, and I ignored him entirely.