Ch. 45 Reunions and Romance

(A/N I know, I know. And you know too. 1 week later)

Corey's P.O.V

"WAKE UP, COREY! GET UP! GET UP! GMW'S 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY IS TODAY! WE HAVE TO GO SEE THE CAST, COME ON, WAKE UP!" Rowan squealed.

I shot my eyes open to Rowan shaking my shoulders while straddling me.

"Would it kill you to wake me up gently--"

She screamed in a high pitch tone so loud that I think my ear drums shattered. I kissed her to make her stop and when I pulled away she giggled.

"Yay." She smiled.

She got off me and started pulling on my arm like a child.

"COME ON! I HAVE TO GET MY HAIR DONE BY SAB AND LOOK LIKE I'M NOT DYING!" Rowan huffed.

"You don't look like you're dying and--OWW"

She had yanked my arm hard and I rolled off the bed, landed on the wood floor hard. She picked up my legs and dragged me to the bathroom.

"Rowan!"

"We are getting you cleaned and out the door, mister." She scolded.

"Rowan!" I tried again.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"It's gonna be a long day..."

~~

Rowan was not kidding when she said she was going to "look like she's not dying". She's putting more work into this than she put into the priemer. Sabrina wore a simple white, sheer, long sleeve top and ripped blue jeans--topping it off with red lipstick and a red choker. Apart from the lipstick she had no make up on (which I appreciated) and her hair was curled and in a ponytail. She looked good.

Rowan sat in a chair, in front of her vanity and Sabrina went to work on fixing things I didn't think needed to be fixed. Her "laugh lines" her "under-eye bags", her "un-even skin tone". To me she just looked normal before and after. Then she did a whole bunch of other stuff and by the end Rowan's eyes were "winged" (if that what it's called) and her lips fuller than usual in a nude pink shade lipgloss.

It was the outift that made my heart stop. She wore a baby pink jumper with black outlines and a small bow right below her stomach. The baby pink made her skin glow and the simplicity of the outfit seemed to make you have to search for more to stare at--and I did. The jumper was short in my defense.

Sabrina must've seen me looking because she highfived Rowan and squealed something about how "she got it spot on". Do girls go for these types of effects?

Anyway, Rowan got up from the vanity and twirled over to me.

"What'd you think?" She smiled.

"You look gorgeous, as always." I breathed.

"You're the best, you know that?" She sighed.

"Thank you." I smiled brightly.

We stared at each other for a little and Sabrina raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't you guys gonna kiss or something?" She questioned.

I pecked Rowan and shrugged.

"Sometimes just looking at her and knowing she's mine...feels better than a kiss." I sighed.

Rowan tilted her head to the side, her hair falling faintly into her face but mostly behind her neck, revealing her ear. She smiled and let a small chuckle of a sort excape her.