Ch. 36 Trust

Rowan's P.O.V

(if you read my authors' note then you'll thank me in about two-three chapters...Also, Known each other 19 years, dated 15 years, married 3 years. HOW HAS IT ONLY BEEN 3 YEARS? ALSO...THREE YEARS AT CHAPTER 36?? WHAT KINDA F**ED UP TIME JUMPS...)

I looked at Corey expectantly, waiting for him to tell me what I wanted to hear. Yes, we'll keep the baby. I know that's what he'll say and I want him to say it. After the twins I can't stand the thought that I might have gotten rid of them and I don't want to lose Corey and I's kid. I looked at him, waiting for the news and Corey drew in a breath.

"W-We..." he choked out, "We...We are going to...."

"Corey--just tell me." I breathed.

Tell me what we all know you'll say! I held his hands and he looked at my stomach again. Miracle of life.

"I want what's best for everyone in my family and I know for a fact that the baby inside of you right now, would not get the best. We just re-started our careers and the twins are still in so much need of our full attention, we have to work overtime to make sure Cowan's safe in Spain plus we have so much on our plate with this movie and the publicity tour and so many offers that will come as soon as that trailer drops, I just don't want to neglect our baby."

But....? Finish the sentence.

"So you want to pause our careers again?" I questioned.

"No. I couldn't ask you to do that when it's just taken off again. Rowan I think..."

He looked at me and let out a deep breath, before standing up. He started pacing and then sighed, rubbing his face.

"We have to abort the baby..." He breathed out.

My breath hitched and I nodded slowly. Tears welled in my eyes but I bit them back. Corey knows what's right. He always does and I t-trust him. I took a deep staggered breath and cleared my throat.

"Then uh...I guess that's that." I sniffed.

"Are you gonna cry?" Corey sighed.

"No..." I lied.

"Do you want to cry?" He sighed again.

He walked closer to me and stooped back to my level. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I don't know..." I sniffed.

"You're gonna cry."

"I know!" I whined.

I dropped my head on his should and he hugged me tightly. This is what's best, I thought, Corey knows what's best. I trust him. If he wants this then it's what's happening. Corey and I stayed like that for a while before I was scared by my phone ringing. I pulled it out my pocket and looked at the Caller ID--Unknown.

I pressed reject but as soon as my finger hit the button another call came in from the same number. I turned the screen to Corey and he answered it, pressing speaker and then pushing it to my face.

***

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Rowan Blanchard?" A lady asked.

FOGELMANIS, PEOPLE, IT'S PRETTY DARN HARD NAME TO FORGET!

"T-Technically..." I confirmed.

"Right, my name is...Maria and I'm from the publicity tour management for The Jealous Criminal." She explained.

Work? Right now? SORT OF BUSY!