Ch. 17 Churs, #Cowson & NYC

Corey's P.O.V

(A/N LONG CHAPTER. READ AUTHORS NOTE. P.S You should always read my authors note anyway.)

I hate this. I'm back to that half dead state and I hate it. Mostly because I can feel everything happening and let me tell you: bullets hurt, a lot. Like legit overwhelming pain. I'm still not scared or upset though. I'm back in the hospital and there a lot of people in the room. Sab went so hysterical that the nurse gave her a sedative. Bradley and Jack and Peyton C. are all in the room, red-eyed and hopeful. That's the thing. Hopeful. For once it's not up to me to wake up.

I need this damn bullet taken out of me, I need the two wounds to be sown up and I need more blood. I can't just fight and get up this time. Row and Cee aren't here yet which is good because I've probably flat lined about three times since I got here. Carmen is sitting next to the nurse help button just in case it happens again. Doesn't matter though, in the split second it would take to hit that button I could already be too far gone.

Suddenly the door burst open and Cowan dropped at my side. Rowan seemed calm and sat next to Sab monitoring Cowan. Key word: Seemed. I've known Rowan for a long time--more than half of my life-- I know when she's upset. She's broken on the inside, but she's being strong for Cowan. My strong princess. Cowan was crying onto my cold chest and whispering something. See this is what hurts. Unlike at the warehouse I can't make them smile or laugh and I can't console them or something--I can't even move.

Amen. That's what I caught from her. Did she just pray?

Bradley was the only person in the room who questioned Cowan's presence.

"Umm...Who are you?" Bradley asked clearing his throat.

"I-I'm...I just--" C. stuttered.

Well that's expected. She gets flustered easily, she somehow became my daughter in what? Three days? And then I went a died. Or...am dead to them-ish. No one would believe that.

"She's our daughter. Her name is Cowan, she's 14 and extremely fragile so please...leave her alone." Rowan saved eyes fixed on my body now.

"Did you adopt her? I just want to know." Jack chimed in.

"Come on Cee, let's explain everything to them." Sab whispered.

"Ok, Aunty Sabrina." Cee nodded.

Sab lead her out and all the guys left. That left only Carmen, Dove, Sarah and Rowan. Just like me, Carmen knew something was up.

"Ok, why are you pretending to be stone?" Carmen asked putting Sarah in her place by the help button.

"Cowan will only stay calm if I am." Row breathed.

"Cowan's gone." Dove pointed out.

Rowan looked at me and her chin started wobbling. She stood up and fell onto Carmen's shoulder. Immediately she started crying and gasping. OK, I'm not in 'Ok-With-DyingVille' anymore. WAKE ME UP PEOPLE, MY WIFE IS CRYING!

"What if he's gone? I didn't even tell him before he left." Rowan sobbed.

Told me what? Is she pregnant again? HOW?!.....Wait.... Counter, Jack interrupt, Couch. Well that could happen...

"What's happening? What didn't you tell him?" Dove asked.

"You knew for a month, he could've arranged for you to get treated." Sarah scolded.

"I didn't want him to worry, plus Cee's here now and she's already gone through so much." Row cried.

"Rowan, one way or another he has to know that--" Carmen started before everyone else came back.