Ch. 20 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 3/3

Rowan's P.O.V

"It looks as though we were wrong. The muscles in your leg were just preventing proper movement with your bones--you were not partially paralyzed at all. But, it's still a good idea not to walk around yet, your muscles still need more time to relax and naturally allow movement again." Corey's doctor explained.

This morning we all left the house early to take Corey to the doctor and then stop at Cowan's school to put a stop to this bullying. Corey wanted able to go into the school without the wheelchair so that if anything happens he can defend Cowan. I actually made him promise on my life that he wouldn't hurt anyone. My life because his life means legit nothing to him.

"So, I CAN walk but I shouldn't?" Corey asked confused.

"Bingo. Allow yourself to heal fully." He confirmed opening the door for us.

"After you. You all have a nice day." He smiled.

"You too," I responded and we all shuffled out.

On the drive to Cowan's school (we could've walked but....yeah, no) she practically begged us to just let the bullying keep going. Corey didn't even turn to look at her once--he looked straight ahead and answered the same thing every time.

"Please! I'll be fine, this will only make things worse." Cowan tried.

"No," Corey said for the 100th time.

"Do you want me to be teased for eternity?!" She huffed.

"No." He responded with a straight face.

"Then stay home. I'll just transfer schools again when we move back to L.A anyway!"

"No." Corey laughed.

"Mom talk to him," Cowan begged.

"Hey Corey, maybe--" I started

"No." Corey said looking at me with a 'be consistent' look on.

"You know no-one's gonna take you two seriously. You're in a wheelchair and Mom looks like the Fault In Our Stars movie only like gazillion years older than Hazel." Cowan stabbed

"Hey!" I pouted.

"No." Corey said sternly and then turned to me, "No." Corey smiled patting my leg.

It's like that's the only word he'll say! It's adorable.

"Mom, turn the car around. We're going home!" Cowan ordered.

"No." Corey and I said at the same time.

The entire car ride?--yeah, exactly like that. We got to the school and I left my tank and breather in the car so that I wouldn't embarrass Cowan or something. Of course, that means we have to get in and out in less than 20 minutes or I'll probably pass out. Corey stayed in his wheelchair but I kind of wish he hadn't so that we could've avoided the moment that happened the minute walked in.

Cowan walked like 50 feet ahead of us in the corner, brushing along the hallway walls and looked down. Immediately someone noticed we were together and some kid called us out.

"Hey look! The slut brought her mommy and daddy to school! Bet they came to disown her in front of everyone. Even your parents hate you, whore." A boy with floppy blonde hair yelled.

The hall erupted in the laughter and Corey immediately turned to him.

"I'm sorry--what did you just say?" He asked lowly.