Ch. 41 Miracle Baby pt. 2/2

(A/N SORRY I DIDN'T EDIT BUT Y'ALL ARE ANNOYING AND WANTED A CHAPTER RN)

Corey's P.O.V

(A/N Second to last time jump in the entire story, I swear. 2 weeks later.)

My hand ached from how hard Rowan squeezed it as we waited for the doctor tell us the fate of Hunter. Rowan got treated for both the sudden cancer flare (twelve freaking hour surgery) getting her breather back and at least nine different meds she's supposed to take every day. Four of them are to keep "Rachel" away. In fact I spent so much time stressing over this so that Rowan wouldn't have to that I memorized each med and their use.

Oxygen tank & mask-- To help Rowan breath normally

Citalopram Anti-deppressant-- Helps keep Rowan from going into a relapse of depression

Escitalopram Anti-depressant-- Helps keep Rowan from having suicidal thoughts

Paroxetine Anti-depressant-- Helps prevent physical affects that mental anxieties cause like sweating, shaking and crying

Fluoxetine -- Keeps her mentally stable in general

Temazepam -- Helps her sleep with all those drugs staying in her system

Atenolol -- Lowers blood sugar, a side affect from pre-mature birth

Natrol Niacin-TR Time Release -- Makes sure her system is flushed of any dust sized bits of Tumors floating around in her blood before she breast feeds Hunter.

Nashua Nutrition-- Replenishes her system after it's been flushed

Hydromorphone-- Pain killers for cancer flares that don't involve breathing issues

I asked if her taking all of that every day was safe and they said it's safer than her going on un-treated. Our entire family was behind us and Belle, Cj, Cowan and Princess stayed by Rowan for comfort just in case. The doctor was doing some serious stalling, talking about how they had to operate and how since Hunter is so tiny that it was very risky. That Hunter is a fighter but even Rocky won some and lost some. Medical terms none of us understand. Then finally a nurse opened the door, carrying our son wrapped in a white blanket with a blue cap on. I held my breath and Rowan squeezed my hand tighter.

"So...here is your ok son. Not super healthy but not nearly sick enough to be considered in danger and in need of our care." The doctor smile.

Rowan let out a cry of joy and I closed my eyes, breathing greatfully. My son is ok. Hunter is ok! The nurse rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Did he do that thing where he scares you for no reason? Your baby has been ok from the start, we just ensured that. Who's first? Daddy or Mommy?" The nurse asked.

"Daddy." I said rasing my hand at the same time that Rowan raised her hand and said, "Mommy!"

"Aunty?" Sab tried.

"No." I chuckled

"I'm gonna be biased here and remember when I brought home my little one. Mommy goes first." The nurse chuckled.

She walked over and handed Hunter over gently. He was so small and cute. His eyes fluttered open and I gave a choke of surprise. Wait...he's technically been, you know, birthed for 2 weeks so that's normal. He has Rowan's eyes. I smiled but Rowan pouted.

"You couldn't take your daddy's eyes, lil' fella?" Rowan joked.

"He looks so innocent. I like your eyes on him better." I smiled.

"And he's a lot more squirmy than Belle and Cj were. He's like vibrating in my arms but that might be breaths through a stuffy nose...Is my baby's nose stuffy?" Rowan cooed.

"It might be but I see his arms and legs moving around a little. Bet you we have an athlete on our hands." I smiled.

"You wanna hold, Kobe Bryant?" Rowan smiled, giggling.

"Can I?" I asked reaching for him.

"How about...no?" Rowan laughed.

I frowned and watched my son get, very slowly, passed around the room. After Rowan made everyone put on exactly four squirts on hand sanitizer. Enough to kill all germs, not enough to hurt Hunter. He came back around and Rowan rolled her eyes playfully.

"I guess you can hold him...but look at that we're all out of hand sanitizer--"

"Rowan, hand me my son." I laughed.

She smiled and gave him to me, making me smile. He had been crying after just being passed around like that but as soon as I drew him to me he calmed down. He yawned, his fingers crinkling, and I smiled.

"I think somebody is very tired. Bet he'd love to sleep in his very own crib at home." I smiled.

"He can sleep in my crib, Daddy!" Cj volunteered.

"No, he can sleep in my crib!" Belle offered.

"He's a boy, Belle! Your crib is a girl one." Cj pointed out smartly.

"That's fine, at least I have a big girl bed now! Hunter is still a baby so he needs a crib." She chirped.

"But we don't. High five." Cj smiled.

They did a very cute handshake thing I didn't even know they had the brain capacity to invent and Rowan and I laughed. They are absolutely adorable.

"Can we get churs, Mommy?" Belle asked suddenly.

Cowan raised her hand.

"I agree with the owner of the big girl bed that churros are necessary right now."

"CHURS! CHURS! CHURS!" Cj chanted.

Everybody joined in and I rolled my eyes.

"Waita be adults guys." I called over the noise.

"WE MUST HAVE THE CHURROS!" Sabrina yelled.

"No guys, no sugar." Rowan scolded.

"....Daddy can we get churs?" Belle asked me.

"But your mother just said--"

"Pwease? For your pwincess?" She pleaded.

Cowan and Princess backed up, kneeling next to Belle and making puppy dog eyes.

"For all your Princesses?" Cowan pouted.

Well how the freaking hell do I say no to that?

"You guys are evil masterminds." I sighed.

"VIVA LA CHURROS!" Princess yelled.

"VIGA LA CHURS!" Belle repeated.

Princess and Cowan looked at her then shruggged. They looked around the room and started chanting "churs" again. I gave Hunter to Rowan and backed up, smiling and chanting with them. Rowan shook her head and looked back at the nurse who didn't leave when the dotor did.

"See what I live with?" Rowan scoffed.

"Oh come on, you know you wanna. Only three beats to catch it though." Sab urged.

"Churs, churs, churs, CHURS! Churs, churs, churs, CHURS! Churs, churs, churs, CHURS--!"

Rowan rolled her eyes and laughed. We all threw our hands up and chorused together the last beat. And even though I was chanting gibberish created by a three year old, to me this was a way of saying everything was okay now.

"Churs, churs, churs, CHURS! VIGA LA CHURS!"