Ch. 25 But You Love Eachother!

Corey's P.O.V

"BUT YOU LOVE EACHOTHER!"

I woke up early to finish packing and now I had my stuff downstairs. Rowan and I had this awkward face off as Cowan went completely ballistic. She won't stop saying things along that line.

"I don't buy it! Mom, why would you just cheat on dad like that?! How could you not be happy?! YOU LOVE HIM." Cowan yelled.

"What does that mean? That momma 'cheated'? Cj asked curiously.

I would normally give a glance at Rowan but I didn't even want to see her. I might change my mind and not put her through the hell she deserves for this. Let's see, How do I explain this in Nick jr. terms, without yelling or crying?

"You know how papa only loves momma?"

Both he and Belle, who was hugging Rowan's leg, nodded.

"Well, it means that momma did something that meant she loved someone else besides me. Which is very wrong when you're married." I explained.

"Why'd you do that momma?" Belle asked looking up at Rowan.

"Yeah, why'd you do that 'momma'? Huh? YOU LOVE HIM." Cowan yelled again.

"Yeah--tell us all why you did it, 'momma' " I mocked.

"I can't...I just did." Rowan whispered looking down.

"Rowan--" Sab started, seeming like she was gonna lecture her.

"I JUST DID, SABRINA," Rowan yelled shutting Sab up.

Belle flinched and jumped back. I glared at Rowan and she bit her lip--that's probably the first time I've glared at her. She reached over and picked up Belle, and then looked down.

"So...you're really going?" Cowan scoffed looking at me.

"We're really going. You and Cj are with me this week." I said picking up Cj.

"Dad you can't be serious. YOU LOVE HER. You love her more than I ever thought anyone could ever love anyone!" Cowan shouted.

"Don't shout at me..." I sighed closing my eyes, too tired to be stern.

"I'm sorry, it's just you do love her. Too much to leave. YOU LOVE HER." Cowan said at a reasonable volume.

"Exactly, and she repaid my love with cheating. Besides she never loved me, at least not fully. She needed sex to be happy--she can get that from someone else." I spat glaring at Rowan again.

"What's sex?" Belle asked Rowan.

I raised both eyebrows in surprise and actually did glance at Rowan this time. I'm definitely not ready for that talk... She cleared her throat and shook her head once.

(A/N You see *awkward chuckle* What that is, is..)

"Nothing sweetheart.....just something that grown ups do when they love each other," Rowan whispered still looking down, seeming ashamed.

"Mom doesn't need sex to keep her happy, I know she loves you. I can see it--people in Jamaica could see it! A-And you love her too. YOU LOVE EACH OTHER!" Cowan yelled again.

Rowan shook her head and propped Belle on her waist better. Her brown pigtails bounced and her never dull pale blue eyes seemed sad. Belle isn't usually sad.

"Come on baby, let's go get you a bath." Rowan sighed going up the stairs.

"NO! Mom, get back here! YOU LOVE HIM. HE LOVES YOU! You...you..YOU LOVE EACHOTHER!" Cowan shouted again, breathing heavily.

"Come on, we're leaving," I said picking up my bags and handing Cj to Cowan.

She took him but looked at his face and then at me and seemed even angrier. Cj looked up the stairs and scrunched his tiny, furry, eyebrows.

"Where's sissy going?" He asked.

He and Belle are practically joined at the hip. Oh boy.

"She's not coming, you'll see her next week, though," I said.

"Can we call her every day? A week is a long time." Cj pointed out his green eyes flickering to sad as well.

"Sure, Bubba, we'll do that," I promised.

"No, we can't be leaving. Dad, she loves you and you love her. You love each other!" Cowan tried again.

"No Cowan, you don't get it. I-I'm...." I sighed, "I'm the only one in love here." I practically had to force out, walking out the door.

Cowan's face fell and was replaced with pure sadness. I felt a stab at my chest and sighed again. I held the door for her and she walked out, letting me close it behind her. Her eyes seemed glossy but not in the way that I thought she would cry.

"I-I thought you two loved each other...I guess I was just as wrong as you. I can't believe she doesn't love you..."

I looked at Cj's face. He looks so much like Rowan it's like torture because then I remember her. Cj and Belle and Cowan are our kids. People have kids when they're in love. Maybe that's why Rowan was so hesitant to keep our kids when she was pregnant--she wasn't in love.

"I-I thought you two loved each other." Cowan repeated, she sniffed quietly and took a deep breath, "I thought you'd always be together."

I opened the back door of the cab I had called and she went inside, holding Cj in her lap since we can't bring the car seat. I climbed into the front seat and gave the guy the address of the hotel we're going to and looked at Cowan in the rearview mirror. She looked so broken and I sighed again.

"I thought you'd always be together..." She whispered more to herself.

"I did too," I spoke up and she looked up.

She gave a sad, side smile and I gave a sad smile back. She looked out the window at the light snow fall and I fiddled with the buttons on my coat. I sighed, probably for around the tenth time today and thought through every time Rowan lied when she told me she loved me. I thought about how much I really meant it--about how I could never stop. I thought about the fact that all her promises are null and void, and how that necklace around her neck means nothing. I thought on how I really did believe that we'd be together 'until death do us part' and let my eyes prickle with tears.

I didn't even care about crying anymore--even if the tears never did fall. We were supposed to be together forever, pretty much everyone thought so too.

"Guess we were all wrong."