Ch. 30 If You Know

(Tripple updating today but not editing, hope that's ok.)

Rowan's P.O.V

(2 days later a.k.a Dec. 29, 2028)

The most exciting thing that has happened since the trial was a three minute argument with Cowan about an hour after we got home.

***

"MOM, DAD, I have to tell you something." Cowan called.

Corey and I came down the stairs and Cowan was holding a white packet in her hand, with a green letter and a bunch of other official-looking papers poking out.

"I applied for Julliard Junior College, I have enough credits and it wants me to go. Then if I do well, I get a full scholarship to Julliard University! Can I please, please, go!" Cowan begged.

"I didn't know you did art..."Corey murmured.

"I do, I sketch and paint. Most people laugh at me because I'm 16 and a girl, but I want to prove them wrong and this is my chance. Can I pleaaseee go! The tuition got cut down for me because they loved my portfolio, it's only a 10,000 dollar down payment and then like $40 bucks a month if I live on campus." Cowan pleaded.

"Well, of course, you can go, it's a school, not a gang--this is amazing. I'm so proud of you. So, when does it start? Where in America is it? We talking New York? Florida? D.C?" I asked.

"Try, Equerido Prazu!" Cowan sighed.

"I don't think I've heard of that state." Corey quipped.

"It's in Brazil. Did I not mention that?" Cowan giggled nervously.

"No. You didn't. You can't jet off to Brazil by yourself for two years--you're a 16-year-old girl!" I pointed out.

"See, I told you. That's what everyone says!" Cowan pouted.

"Rowan, we do sort of have to encourage her. I mean, she had to be pretty impressive for them to reach out to her all the way in L.A" Corey pointed out.

"Thank you, Dad!" Cowan thanked.

"....You need a chaperone. Anyone--and no, Jason or Bree or Tyler do not count. None of those people even live in L.A" I answered quickly.

"About that, Bubbles got accepted into the school too and Tyler's grandma lives in Brazil, about three hours from Equerido Prazu. So...Can my chaperone be Tiger's grandma? And Bree can help." Cowan tried.

Oh boy. I'm already losing kids to growing up and college and sh*t and she's just 16. My nest is getting empty already!

"Fine." I sighed.

"YAY!!!!!!!!"

***

That's it. I decided that after the movie I was gonna go back to school, but I found a school I liked, applied and got a response this afternoon. Apparently when a celebrity applies, 3-5 business days turns to 24 hours. So now I'm going to (A/N Making up kiddy names here) SFTSU, Shoot.For.The.Stars.University, by May.

I'm not used to this whole, no drama thing. But I love it! I'm going back to school after this movie, which we leave for ParIs tomorrow on New Year Eve [:( ], Cowan's going to be a mini Picasso, the kids are going off with Sab and Bradley to Florida for the months that Corey and I are gone, and Corey and I are...Ok.

(A/N Did I mention the movie shoots in ParIs? OOps. Also, if your wondering why the "i" is capitalized, it's to look like the Eiffel Tower)

I have no clue what to do now. I already packed my stuff, and I already got an E-Mail from my own doctor--Dr. Lee-- about my cancer status. I'm supposed to do a surgery on my lungs to have them re-inflated and then take the tumors and ish out around January of next year, not the next year in two days, the next year-next year. So now Corey and I are in our pool, slow dancing, and singing songs that have been part of our story.

"Remember this one? Oh-Oh, our love is running into a burning building. Oh-Oh, our love is our hearts on fire burning. We bring the heat! Our love is inspired, the chemistry is higher. And the memories all live in my mind, burning like Smoke & Fire." Corey sang.

I giggled and nodded.

"Best birthday ever. My body really did do the work, work, work, work, work, work. And We worked from home--Oh-Oh-Oh-Woah, we can work from home. Oh-Oh-Oh-Woah." I sang making him laugh.

"OOh, remember this--If I'm too young, too fall in love, why do you keep running through my brain? If I'm too young, to know anything, why do I know that I'm just not the same? Don't tell me I'm wrong, don't me I can't feel. What I'm feeling is real! 'Cuz I'm not too young...I'm not too young." Corey sang in a raspy voice and I smiled.

"How could I forget our anthem?" I giggled.

"Well, that's all the songs I can remember really." Corey laughed.

"Well,  I have one we missed. Climb on board. We'll go slow and high-tempo. Light and dark. Hold me hard and mellow. I've seen the pain while feeling the pleasure. Nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body us, our bodies together. I love to hold you close, tonight and always. I love to wake up next to you. I love to hold you close tonight, my always. I try to wake just for you." I sang.

I know Corey doesn't know this. I wrote it a long time ago. When I was 23, and I found out I had cancer. I thought about leaving Corey around that time, just to save him from the blow of cancer, but I didn't. Because of our roof, our special roof. Our paradise and war zone. All wrapped in one.

"So we'll piss off the neighbors! In the place that feels like tears, the place you lose your fears. Yeah, reckless behavior! In the place that is so pure, so dirty and raw. In the bed, all day, bed all day, bed all day. F*cking and fighting on. It's our paradise and it's our war zone. It's our paradise and it's our war zone." I continued.

"Rowan, I--"

"Pillowtalk. My enemy, my ally. Prisoners. Then we're free, it's a thriller. I'm feeling the pain while seeing the pleasure. Nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body but us, our bodies together. I love you to hold you close, tonight and always. I love to wake up next to you. So please just hold me close, tonight and always. Won't wake up, but still next to you." I rang out again.

I won't wake up from my sleep one day...but I'll be next to Corey. And that makes it ok.

"So we'll piss off the neighbors! In the place that feels like tears, the place you lose your fears. Yeah, reckless behavior! In the place that is so pure, so dirty and raw. In the bed, all day, bed all day, bed all day. F*cking and fighting on. It's our paradise and it's our war zone. It's our paradise..."

I got dramatically silent and sang in a higher, slower and more quiet voice.

"So we'll piss off the neighbors....in a place that feels like tears, the place I lost my fears. Yeah, reckless behavior. In a place that is so pure, it's dirty, it's raw. In the be-e-e-e-ed all day....Yeah! in the be-e-e-e-e-d all day!"

"I love to hold you close, you are my always. If I don't wake up next to you; just know I'll hold you close forever--always. And I'll still be there next to you." I continued.

"So we can still piss off the neighbors...." I finished, smiling a little.

Corey was silent and just hugged me into him more.

"Don't leave...keep waking up. Ok? Ok? Just, keep waking up." He whispered.

"I promise I'll try." I whispered back.

"No, I need you to promise you will." He said, holding me tighter.

"I promise....that I won't go down without the fight of my life." I corrected.

"Rowan..."Corey whispered.

"I know...I know." I sighed.

"You know how people sometimes just...know. If you ever knew, you'd tell me right?" Corey asked.

He pulled from the hug but kept his arms around me.

"I'd let you know. It'd break me...but I'd tell you. I promise." I vowed, holding my necklace.

Corey's facial expression didn't change at all which is why he hands pulling my face towards his took me by surprise. But now we were kissing. And it felt right--like it always does.