Ch. 14 T-Minus 20 Minutes Till' Attached

Corey's P.O.V

Today I was woken up in one of the best ways possible. Rowan was kissing me on my right cheek, Cowan was kissing me on my left and both my kids were laying on my stomach trying to crawl up to my face. I smiled, gingerly put the twins aside and sat up.

"Morning, Corey! I made a 'thank you from saving me from sure death by hunger, abuse and or poverty breakfast!' so get up!" Cowan announced trying to pull me out the bed.

"She can cook Corey and I can't. I'm more incapable than a 12 year old!" Row pouted.

"Ba!" Belle blubbered not really saying anything.

"Aww..." Cowan cued picking up Belle.

"Ti!" Cj screamed.

"You two!" Cowan cheered putting him in her other arm.

"Come on sleepy heads we're burning daylight! Eat breakfast, look pretty then shoping!" Cowan smiled walking out the room.

"Hey Corey?" Row called.

"Yeah, Row." I asked jumping out my sheets.

"How long has she been here?" Row asked.

"Half a day." I smiled.

"I'm attached." Row giggled running out the room.

"Oh boy..." I groaned jogging downstairs.

I expected cereal and burnt toast, maybe because I've lived with Rowan for a more than half of my life but what I saw was truly amazing. The table was covered in a white cloth with fancy utensils layed by each plate. There we're trays in the middle of the table loaded with fruit kabobs and yogurt covered strawberries. Our plates were covered by metal lids to keep the heat in and Cowan was pouring what seemed like freshly squeezed orange juice in my glass, Row's, hers and two sippy cups.

I walked over and sat in dazed confusion. I didn't notice upstairs that Cowan had on an apron and her glasses were almost completely coated in flour. When she was done with pouring she wiped her glasses and stood by Row's plate. She removed the cover and Row actually gasped.

"Voila!" Cowan smiled.

"Woah..." Row mumbled.

"H-How did you?" I stuttered lifting my own tray.

On my plate was a Denver omelette accompanied by a freshly baked croissant and a bowl of cotton candy grapes. There was also a chocolate-strawberry filled crepe with more white chocolate sauce drizzled over it. Row started to dig in and Cowan started sweeping up the kitchen. I stood up and took the broom from her gently.

"What's wrong? Was I not doing it right? Is your food bad, I can re-do it if you want--"

"No. The food's amazing but why'd you cook? Why are you cleaning a spotless kitchen before eating...why are you cleaning it at all really?" I questioned putting the broom down.

"Habit, I guess. Back in the orphanage I took care of all the babies, and kids under six, my rules we're cook, clean, take care of and then maybe eat. It's why I'm so thin but I don't really mind in fact I feel like Cinderella." Cowan chirped picking up back the broom.

"Cinderelly, cinderelly, night and day it's cinderelly!" Cowan sang (in a surprisingly good voice) twirling around.

I stopped her by reaching for the top of the broom again.

"Here all the young ladies may be princesses but you are no Cinderella. Here you can eat and watch T.V and let me cook or order takeout without asking. Here you get taken care of. You don't have to take care of anyone else." I explained.