Ch. 43 The Premiere of Tired

My phone broke again :(

Corey's P.O.V

(A/N I swear, like, three time jumps left in the whole book. Two days later)

The idea that people are itching to see your children at your movie premiere would make any other person jealous. It had zero effect on me. I was too worried that Rowan would pass out. She's been working herself pretty hard lately. Learning how to cook--she can finally make breakfast foods, simple lunch dishes and doesn't burn chicken too badly-- taking every shift with Hunter, trying to connect with Princess, having to adjust to having Nathan here, helping Cowan with her summer art project and then making sure I don't feel useless by giving me pointless chores.

"You can sweep the kitchen while I go swallow eighteen pills, feed our newborn, bathe him, change him, dress him, then help Cowan paint, make lunch for the kids, talk to Princess and then call Lilly and help change that party for Cowan to a party for the twins. IT'S TOTALLY THE SAME, COREY!"

I also think the pills are too much because her breathing is getting worse. Also, I think the stress of being parents is hitting her hard because we haven't had a couples moment since Monday. Not that it's the end of the world, but I feel the need to mention we haven't kissed since then either.

Rowan chose a sparkly blue, long dress that oddly enough matched her oxygen tank--which she'll be forced to take with her, her breathing is so bad-- which makes her feel a bit better about finally coming clean about Cancer to the fans. I wore a black suit, but the inner tie and handkerchief pocket wear in blue. Just because people seem to find it cute when we match.

 Just because people seem to find it cute when we match

(Rowan's dress)

Well, we doubled the matching. Belle was wearing a light blue, vintage, "Frozen 2" t-shirt and a blue sparkly tutu that made her look so adorable I thought I might turn into a puddle. Especially when she stood next to Cj and Rowan. She's always standing next to Cj and Cj is always next to Rowan.

Oh yeah, Cj is wearing one of the tiny suits we got for him for Christmas and insisted on wearing a blue tie like me. His was a bow tie and he had Cowan bedazzle it with silver gems. I get the feeling Cj may be a bit like me in the fashion department because while most would find that too "girly" for a boy, he walked around clearly feeling awesome.

Cowan had on a simple dress that stopped (against my wishes) very high above her knees. It wasn't skin tight or anything but I still would've preferred if she'd worn a potato sack. The gold and white dress was not a potato sack. Cowan made it look more elaborate than it was just by being beautiful, vibrant, her.

 Cowan made it look more elaborate than it was just by being beautiful, vibrant, her