Ch. 28 Christmas Shopping

(A/N Can we appreciate the fact that I pre-wrote this in freaking July/August and it lines up with real life so perfectly?? Like, this is when Christmas shopping is being done and I happen to be updating this chapter now. Damn. Ok, bye.)

Corey's P.O.V

Of course the fact that the love of my life, the lady I try my best to treat like a queen, that one person above everything got raped is killing me. But Rowan wants me to drop it because she already doesn't even want to testify in the same room as those two demons. So I tried to think about something else--something more happy.

"We haven't gone Christmas shopping yet!" I pointed out.

Rowan and I were sitting on the couch--well, I'm sitting on the couch. Rowan is sitting on my lap, with her head on my shoulder-- and her face lit up at that fact.

"Yay! I get to spoil my kids for once! Those Christmases in the hospitals were pathetic and you weren't there so it doesn't even count. Ok, so about my $500 dollar spending limit..." She trailed off.

"How much you want to go over?" I asked, sighing.

"Let's say--Unlimited?" She asked perkily.

"Let's say-- 5,000 dollars. Added another zero for ya." I smiled.

"Hey remember that really funny time where you spent 2 Million dollars on my 16th birthday? Ooh, or when you spent 4,550 dollars on that one anniversary? Or when you spent like 27,000 dollars on our Honeymoon? Or that time--"

"Ok, I get it. So...what limit we thinking?" I asked sort of hopefully.

"Cowan's 16 now right?" Row asked perkily.

"Against my wishes, yes." I chuckled.

"We're gonna need a whole new limit then." Rowan breathed, staring in the distance and biting her lip thoughtfully/mischeviously.

She whispered the limit in my ear and part of me smiled and the other sighed. Oh boy.

~~

"We spent 479,000 dollars so far and we haven't even bought Cowan's big present!" Row pointed out.

We walked through the mall, me carrying our dozens (and dozens) of bags and we stopped at the outlet store, the one that's part of the mall because it would've been stupid to put three inches next to it. It's a car dealership...

"Don't worry, she doesn't need a Lamborghini like you got. Maybe just a Mercedes? Or a Mazarati? Actually, maybe a Lamborghini is in order..." I thought out loud.

"We should be bankrupt." Rowan giggled.

"We really should. Ok, you pick the car because I might end up buying 5 Benzand a private jet. Why haven't I bought anyone in this family a private jet?" I thought suddenly.

"Come on..." Row laughed, rolling her eyes.

I wanted to buy Cowan a nice Mazarati, Rowan wanted to buy her a Mercedes and so we called Cowan and tried to be inconspicuous. Good thing we happen to be actors.

***

"Hey, Cee." I greeted.

"Hi, Dad, what's up?" Cowan answered.

"Ok, so I want to buy your mother a new car and I'm not sure which one to get." I chimed.

"Um....well I never really like the fancy car game. Maybe you should just get her a nice Benz--the convertible type." Cowan offered.