Ch. 43 The Premiere of Tired

Start from the beginning

(Cowan's dress)

Jason is here too. He's Cowan's *shudder* date and he was smart enough to pick up on the matching theme. He wore a white tux with a gold tie and slipped his hand around Cowan's waist, kissing her on the cheek.

"You look gorgeous, babe." He smiled.

"Thanks, you look really good too." She blushed back.

His hands lingered farther south. I need to speak with Jason about those hands of his again...

"AHEM, three feet until she wearing something that passes her ankles. And is pants and not an open dress. And it's a potato sack turned into a onesie. With her hair tied and she has no makeup on. And she's 43....hundred." I exaggerate.

"DAD!" Cowan squeaked.

"It's fine, bab--Cowan. I'm thinking of hanging with the twins tonight anyway." He smiled.

I saluted him and went back to scanning the room. Rowan bought him glasses that matched the pattern after taking Princess to her friend's house for a sleepover and then Cowan to the mall with Jason and then going grocery shopping.

Princess looked exactly like Aria when she stepped down the stairs. It makes me tear up to think that I'll never get a chance to apologize to her. Also because I let my daughter grow up without a father for 14 years. Oh, and Princess looked beautiful. Rowan must've done her make -up but I'd prefer she (really all the girls in this house and world for that fact) hadn't.

It looks good,  though. Whatever Rowan did makes Princess eyelashes sparkle when she blinks and her cheekbones and light freckles prominent. Her hair looked longer than ever straightened but tightly curled at the ends. She took the whole soft look away from the whole family wearing a red lace dress and dark red lipstick. She looked amazing. In a way, not like Aria at all and more like Rowan. Just because she's so pretty that the first person that pops into mind at that much beauty is Rowan. Rowan...

(Princess's dress)

(Princess's dress)

We're meeting Sabrina at the premiere because she and Carmen and Dove and Sarah are going separately. I realize Rowan's not in the room. I also can't help but notice the back door is open and her oxygen tank is sitting by the post. The dial clearly shows it's empty.

 I can't believe I'm saying this.

"Jason you're in charge, I'll be back in...less than 5-ish minutes." I estimate.

What could she be doing that would take longer? I walk to the door and immediately have to leap over a puddle of vomit. Rowan has been puking a lot lately. Is she sick? Like...more sick? She must be super dehydrated. I see her leaning on the wall and looking up at the sunset.

"Remember when we went to our roof on my 18th birthday?" She asked softly.

Something about her tone scares me.