"This is nice," I said to Lorita.

 "I like it, too." Lorita agreed.

I walked out of the room, and Connor's voice automatically elevated as I left. I looked up the stairs, and I began to wonder what was up them. I took a step, and then I heard someone ask, "What are you doing?"

I turned around to see Charitie standing behind me.

"Oh. I just wanted to see what was up there." I answered.

"We're not allowed up there." Charitie's voice had become serious, which surprised me because she was never serious.

"Oh. Why?" I asked as I stepped down.

She shrugged and said, "I don't know." in a funny way, then walked off.

"Do you know why we're not allowed up there?" I asked Lorita.

"No. But Professor Friday doesn't want anyone up there for a reason," Lorita replied, " and even though I don't know that reason, I choose not to go up there."

"... Okay then," I shrugged, then I went to explore more of the house. When I was sure I explored everywhere but the upstairs, I went to the lab. Evelyn was listening to a song from 'How To Train Your Dragon' on Jericho, singing along to the wordless song as she skipped down the hallway. It was a little weird when she spread her arms slowly at one part of the song, like she was pretending that they were big wings, and then ran around fast like she was flying when the song got to the climax. When she saw me, she stopped and put her arms down to her side awkwardly, then pointed to the right and went to where her pointed finger was pointing. I watched her leave, then let myself smile and walked into the lab.

Professor Friday was working on a different machine, screwing in a screw.

"Hi, Professor." I said.

He looked behind him to see me, then he smiled and stopped working. "Hi, Amelia. You seem happy today." He said.

I shrugged and walked over to him, then observed the machine. "What's this?" I asked.

"Well, you know how some people have fidgets?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips and looking down at the machine.

"Yeah." I replied with a nod.

Professor Friday pointed at the machine with his screwdriver. "This is my fidget."

I beamed, then walked around to see the other inventions. I started to whistle a tune, then Professor Friday grimaced and groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Professor Friday was plugging his ears with his fingers as he looked up at me.

"Whistling hurts my ears," he said with an awkward smile, "and... So does clicking with your tongue. Those are the two noises that I can't stand."

"Oh. Sorry." Then I asked, "How bad does it hurt?"

"Uh... Think of a high pitched freight train going right past your ear, and it had a huge, squealing horn. That's what it sounds like to me." Professor Friday took his fingers out of his ears, then started working on his fidget again.

I watched him for awhile, then walked around a little more. When I saw everything, I walked out of the lab and went to the kitchen, only to find Evelyn, Madeline, and Razz in the freezer.

"Hey, guys." I said.

"Hey, fam." Madeline said, her head still in the freezer.

"What are you doing?" I asked them, walking closer.

Evelyn and Razz stuck their heads out of the freezer and looked at me.

"Which ice cream? Caramel, or peanut butter cup?" Razz asked.