Chapter 9: Late Night

Start from the beginning

From: Unknown Number

Camila is safe with me, don't worry. But, why would you? You're just friends after all, and we had a great time tonight.

My shaky hand can barely hold my phone as I reread the text. He's back, holy shit. And he has her with him? Did he fucking kidnap her? Oh my God, I need to call the cops! Suddenly I hear the front door opening and after a soft shut, steps start approaching my room. My hearts starts rushing and I cover my face with my blankets, like that would help at all. But the sound of a closing door comes from Camila's room instead. I get out of bed and walk out of my room, my knees are shaking and my heart is beating out of my chest. I slowly make my way to Camila's door, and after a gentle knock I turn the door knob. "I thought you'd never come." She says locking her eyes on mine. I stare her down, and realize she's only wearing a bra and short pajama shorts. Her eyes seem rather red and puffy, but not teary, at least not anymore. "Where were you?" I ask leaning against her doorframe. "Does it matter?" She answers walking closer to me. "Of course it does, I was worried sick." I tell her, but she ignores my heartfelt concern and slips her hand under my shirt. "Well I'm back." She says leaning her face closer to mine. "And I've been waiting all day for this moment." She adds and our lips are almost touching. I slowly lick my lips, before biting the bottom one seductively. "Then what the hell are you waiting for?" I whisper, but as soon as I finish she sticks her tongue down my throat. Both her hands find the bare skin of my waist under my cotton shirt as she pulls my body closer to hers. She directs us to her bed, where I softly push her before throwing my shirt to the ground. Our lips connect again, and I can feel her eager tongue trying to explore my mouth. She softly scratches the sensitive skin of my spine before her fingertips start playing with the rim of my black bra. Suddenly I feel a rather salty flavor in my mouth, which makes me pull apart to meet Camila's eyes. Tears stream uncontrollably down her face, even though she tries to wipe them off with the back of her shaky hands. "God, Camz are you okay?" I ask kneeling next to the beautiful brunette sitting on the bed. "No." She answers before burying her face on my neck.

Camila's POV:

Cuddling next to Lauren feels so familiar and comforting. I have to admit I missed this like hell. I can't let myself be vulnerable again, I know I can't, my feelings for her are gone and its better this way. But as soon as she hugged me I just lost myself. I could barely breathe from all the crying and she just made me feel better. Its crazy how we went from passionately making out, to me crying like a stupid baby and ending up laying on my bed with her arms around my body. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks me softly and I shake my head, but after a couple of seconds my mouth starts moving anyways. "I hate them. I hate Simon, and Austin and everyone who's involved in this shit. I'm not someone's puppet, I don't want to be with Austin, or pretend to be with him or anything. I don't want him close, I don't want to lie to the fans, I don't want any of this shit. On the meeting we had a couple of months ago he said I had to stop seeing you, he never mentioned anything about me fake dating some douche bag. I'm so close to quitting and going back to my old life in Miami, this is just too much to handle." I start venting and feel my eyes burning, but I don't want to start crying again. "Please don't, this is your dream. You're insanely talented and I can see how much you love doing this Camila, don't let anyone take that away from you. We need you." Lauren says running her fingers through my hair and my eyes start to get teary. "I need you." She adds after a couple of seconds and I can't fight the tears anymore. She lovingly rubs my arms and hugs me tighter trying to comfort me. Once again I can see the girl I once loved, and its so hard not to reciprocate my feelings towards her, but my heart has been broken one too many times and I'm scared of what will happen if I let her back into my life. Not that she really wants me back in hers considering she didn't break up with Cole. But loving her is still scary, when we're together its like nothing else matters, just us against the world. "Where were you? We were all really worried." Lauren asks me again and I sigh. "Simon took me back to his office after I ran away. He basically told me I need to grow up because I'm not longer that fifteen year old awkward girl from Miami, people look up to me now and I need to do what's best for my career. But I don't see how fake dating Austin is going to be helpful, no one likes him anyway." I say and Lauren laughs softly. "Besides, the Mahomies hate me so much, they really do." I add. "Who could ever hate you Camila? You're the most amazing person I know." She says and I instinctively reach out for her hand. "Thanks Lauren." I answer laying my head on her shoulder. This feels just like the old times. I feel safe and loved, her touch makes me realize I'm not alone, and I never am. But I was stupid enough to tell her I didn't love her anymore, when in reality I really do. "I should probably get going, its kind of late." She says sitting up straight. "Thank you for being here, I needed it." I say staring into her deep green eyes. "No problem." She says with a smile and starts to walk out of the room. "Hey Lauren!" I say and she turns to face me. "I'll see you tomorrow, same time, same place?" I ask grinning. "Sounds like a plan." She answers in her amazingly sexy husky voice and then disappears. Fuck, I should've asked her to stay, I'm such an idiot! I get in bed regretting saying goodbye to Lauren, and hating myself for hiding my feelings for her. Why am I so scared to get my heart broken again? She's the most caring girl in the world, and since we met she has done nothing but look out for me. Whenever we say we didn't know each other before The X Factor I feel horrible for lying to everyone. Including Lauren, who doesn't remember about the first time me truly met.