Chapter 68

Simon's POV

I sit at the desk thinking of what i've done. I drove Amanda to the point of her holding a gun to her head. I'm such an idiot. 

"Simon, what's your vote?" David ask, sounding impatient.

"Oh uh, it's a no from me darling." I say to the young lady on stage. David and Alesha look at me surprised and David then gets up and slaps the back of my head.

"You need to concentrate." he says through gritted teeth.

"I can't because I can't stop thinking about Amanda. I need to be there for her and make sure she doesn't hurt herself." I say quickly. He sits down in Mandy's chair and makes me look at him.

"She's in my room. We are on break so go try and talk to her." he whispers and nods his head towards where she is. I quickly get up and run to his dressing room. I take a deep breath and then answer the door and there she is asleep on the couch. She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping. I walk in and close the door behind me. I examine her and her face has mascara stains on it and it's red from being overwhelmed. Under her eyes are puffy from all the tears and one of her hands are clenched so tight that her knuckles are completly white. I also notice her body shaking so I slip off my blazer and cover up her arms. I slip her high heels off her feet and then kiss her forehead before leaving. I walk out of the room and quietly shut the door behind me. I then walk to the judge's room where I'm met by Alesha and David.

"How did it go?" David asks.

"She's sleeping so I didn't bother her." I whisper. David nods his head and then walks back over to Alesha who's face is red from tears. I didn't just affect Amanda, I affected everyone of the judges. How selfish can I be? I shake my head and walk to my dressing room in disappointment. I sit in my makeup chair and let my face fall to my hands. 'You gotta make this right Cowell.' I think to myself. I hear a knock at my door so I stand up and answer it.

"Hey, Wifey is asking for you." Alesha whispers. I nod and jog to David's door with Alesha hot on my heels. I knock on the door and David answers after a few short seconds.

"She's been asking for you since she woke up." he whispers and then lets me in. I walk in and Amanda runs at me and her body collides with mine.

"I'm so sorry." she whispers and starts to cry. I rub her back and just hide my face in her shoulder.

"I'll leave you two to it." David says and leaves, closing the door behind him. I look at her and her eyes aren't as red, neither is her face. I look down and she has on my blazer and looks so cute. I walk to the couch and sit down with her beside me.

"Amanda, I'm so, so, so very sorry I did this to you" I whisper. Her eyes start to brim with tears again but I reach up and wipe them softly. "Don't cry Mandy. I should have never hurt you or drove you to the point of putting a gun to your head." I whimper.

"I-it's okay." she stutters.

"No!" I yelp. It's not okay that I keep hurting you." I bolt up. I start walking around and ranting. "If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be hurting! I am the stupidest person in the whole world to hurt you. To even make you cry is stupid!" I say and then she stops me and makes me look into her eyes. I look at her deep, coffee-colored eyes and just let the moment take us. I lean down and connect my lips to hers. At first it feels weird being as I haven't kissed her in over a year. At first she doesn't kiss back but when she does it's in perfect sync. She wraps her arms around me and I wrap mine around her waist. We stand there and just kiss for a few minutes only coming up when air is needed. Once we pull apart I keep my eyes closed and just sway back and forth with her.

"I forgive you Simon." she whispers.

"Please, don't ever do that again." I start to whimper. She puts her hands on my face and tears are coming from her eyes as she answers. "I won't." she whispers.

I nod my head and pull her to my chest, holding her as tight as I can. "Simon." she mumbles.

"Yes, darling." I whisper.

"Can I have my job back?" she asks in a baby voice.

"Sure." I chuckle and hug her one last time. "Okay lets get this show started back up with us four judges." I say confidently.

"Like old times." she says and takes my hand.

"Like old times." I reply back and we walk out and back to the judge's room. As I open the door I yell "Look who's back!"

"WIFEY!!" Alesha screams and tackles Amanda. They both fall to the ground giggling and tickling each other. I help both of them up and David hugs Amanda and then whispers something in her ear which I don't hear. 

Amanda's POV

I finally feel a bit better and am glad to have my job back but Simanda isn't together yet. I want to be but I don't think he's ready yet. I'll wait for him to ask me. When he does I will obviously say yes becasue I still love him and never stopped. I want everything back to normal.