Chapter 59

Amanda's POV

I take A.J.'s limp body into my arms and begin to cry harder than ever before. "I'm so sorry." I whisper to her and kiss her forehead softly. We finally call the cops and they take A.J.'s body away from me and Simon has to hold my screaming body back. "My baby!" I cry.

"Amanda! She's gone!" Simon shouts and carries me to our room as the cops start leaving. I start hitting Simon so he'll let me go and I can get A.J. "Amanda STOP!" he yells, grabbing my wrist as I start to fall to the floor.

"I want her gone Simon!" I sob and punch his chest hard.

"I tried Amanda!" he yells at me.

"You didn't try hard enough! A.J. is gone!" I scream.

"You don't think this is hurting me!?! It's killing me because I wasn't there in time to save my princess!" he yells back and starts crying. He punches the wall hard and falls back on the bed. "My princess." he cries and balls up on the bed. I walk to his side and rub his back.

"I'm so sorry Si." I whisper. I lay on the bed beside him and he pulls me closer to his chest.

"Amanda, there's something I need to tell you." he whispers.

"What's that?" I whisper back.

"It's Cheryl." he says.

I look up at him, kind of scared on what he's gonna say. "What is it Simon?" I ask.

"I promised her that as long as she didn't hurt you or Eric that I would be with her." he whimpers.

"What?" I gasp.

"I-I'm so sorry Amanda." he whispers.

"Please Simon. I just lost my daughter. I...I can't lose you too." I whimper and he looks down at me, tears falling from his eyes. "Simon, don't go. You can stay here and we'll move! Just us three together and we can get away from her." I say quickly.

"There is no hiding from her. I won't let her hurt you or Eric. She already took my baby girls life and she's not gonna take yours or his life." he says roughly and just is quiet after that. He looks down at me and I just put my lips to his. It might be the last time I ever get to see or kiss him. He kisses back softly and just holds me tightly.

-30 minutes later-

After both of us get it together we walk downstairs and there is Alesha and David on the couch with Eric. Alesha is still crying and Eric and David are watching a movie on David's phone.

"Come here Alesha." I say, patting the chair that I sat in. She squeezes in beside me and balls up, laying her head on my chest. I hold her tightly and just whisper in her ear so she'll calm down. Her and I are so close people question if we are gay and I'm okay with that because I love her. She finally calms down and then falls asleep holding me closer to her. I slip away from her grasp and go to find Simon. I walk out to the balcony and there he is. Vodka bottle in hand and his face in the other hand. I look closer and there are tears on his face, the Vodka bottle is half empty and he looks a bit woozy.  "Si." I whisper. His face shoots up and he stumbles over to me, clashing his body with mine.

"I can't do this anymore Mandy." he sobs and puts one arm around me. I put my arms around him tightly and just let him let it all out. "Why couldn't it have been me. She could of killed me but she killed A.J. instead. Why Mandy? Why?" he keeps sobbing harder and harder.

"Si, you gotta be strong babe. Be there for your family who really needs you." I whisper and he just nods his head. After he calms down it's time for everyone to go to bed so Alesha and David sleep in our guest room and Eric in his room. I hold Simon's hand and walk to our room. Once I change and he just takes off his pants and shirt we both lay down and I just hold him as tight as I can. I don't think about what's coming or what happened today. I just think of Simon and how we met and how he told me he loved me. Soon enough sleep overtakes my body.

Simon's POV

When Amanda finally goes to sleep I kiss her forehead and then speak. "I'm sorry Mandy."

I walk to the bathroom and grab one of my cheap razors that I can break easily. I break the plastic and put it in the garbage and then put the cold razor to my arm and I just hold it there. "A.J." I whisper and my eyes start to water. I know I'm supposed to be the strong one and hold my family but I need something to release this pain and it's the only way I know. My hand begins to shake and it takes everything in me to steady it. I decide to go to my inner tricept and I feel the blade breaking my skin. I begin to cut and I know I cut to deep but I don't care anymore I rather be dead then do this. The bleeding starts and I don't stop it, I just let it flow down my arm and into the floor. I lay back against the sink and I can feel my body getting weaker and weaker. "I love you Amanda." are the last words that leave my mouth before everything turns dark.