Chapter 55

Simon's POV

My eyes start to open and I see Amanda sleeping in a chair beside me and David and Alesha are sleeping on a couch across from me. I begin to feel a pain in my shoulder and everything starts flooding back to me. I had a huge fight with Amanda and I was an ass, I was shot but I don't remember much after that. I turn on my side facing Amanda and I just look at her. She looks like she's having a nightmare. She starts to mumble and I can't reach her to wake her up.

"SIMON, NO!!!" She screams and then wakes up and starts crying.

"Mandy." I whisper and her head shoots up. I wave my hand for her to come to me. She slowly gets up, walking to me and sitting on the edge of the bed. "Come here baby." I whisper and pull her to my chest. She begins to cry again and wraps her arms tightly around my waist.

"I love you Si." she whispers.

"You bring me back to life." I whisper to her and kiss her head. She looks up at me and I wipe the tears from her face. 

"Simon, I'm sorry for everything.....I didn't mean it." she whimpers and hides her face in my neck.

"I understand." I say and tighten my grip on her. She soon falls asleep with tear stained cheeks and a death grip on my waist. I look down at her and she actually looks like she's at peace. The doctor comes in and she smiles at the sight.

"I bet she's exhausted." she whispers. "She hasn't left for the last 3 days since you have been here." she continues.

Amanda's POV

I hear the doctor talking but I keep my eyes closed. "She is amazing." I hear Simon say.

"Yeah. She must really love you to stay here and barely get any sleep." the doctor replies.

"I don't know how she still loves me but I fall for her everyday even when I'm pissed at her." he chuckles.

"Well, I'm going to release you. Go home and get rest. Don't put any stress on yourself and if you do, find a way to get rid of it." she says and then leaves. Simon lightly touches my arm to wake me and I look up at him with a smile.

"What's got you so happy, smiley?" he asks.

"You really think I'm amazing?" I ask.

"Of course. I also think your beautiful and very sexy." he says in a low voice, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh get a room." David laughs and I shoot him a look. Alesha is waking up and she looks over at Simon and smiles. 

"I'm glad you two are making up." she says.

"More like making out." David whispers.

"That's it." I say and jump out of the bed.

"Run David!" Simon yells and David jumps up and runs out the door. I start laughing and shut the door and then lock it.

"So, you can go home?" I ask Simon.

"Yes, I just need to get dressed which requires you two to get out." he laughs. Alesha and I walk out of the room and she grabs my hand.

"Are you sure the kids are going to be okay at your Mom's any longer. It's been weeks since they have seen you?" Alesha asked softly.

"They will be fine. One more week will be okay. I'm going to visit them tomorrow and spend the whole day with them. Simon is coming as well. It's just the hell we have went through lately we haven't been able to bring them home." I whisper.

"I know. I just wish you guys could live normal for a bit. Not have to go through hell every week and barely live.....literally." she says and kisses my cheek. "I love you Wifey." she finishes and hugs me tightly.

"I love you too babe." I whisper back. Simon finally comes out and David comes behind him and scares him. We all burst out in laughter and walk out of the hospital together. We part ways and drive home. Once at the house I help Simon into the house and he plops down on the couch. I walk into the kitchen and grab two wine glasses and a bottle of wine.

"What's this?" Simon asks as I walk into the living room. 

"Well, I can't remember the last time I had a glass of wine and you probably really want one." I sigh and set the glasses and bottle on the table.

"Are you gonna take advantage of me if I get drunk?" he chuckles.

"Asshole." I say and slap his arm.

"Hey, it's been awhile." he laughs.

"Yeah but waiting makes it even better for when it happens again." I smile and kiss his cheek.

"So, what do you say we open up this bad boy and get to drinking." Simon says with a wide grin.

"Okay." I say and open the bottle. I pour myself a glass and then pour him a glass. "Here you go Mr.Cowell." I say all fancy and sit back with a smile.

"Thanks Mrs.Holden." he chuckles and I freeze. It's been so long since I've heard that name. I enjoy being called Holden. "Amanda, are you okay darling?" Simon asks, grabbing my wrist.

"Uh.....yeah. Just thinking." I say softly.

"You miss being called Mrs.Holden don't you?" he asks, fiddling with my fingers.

"Yeah." I sigh and look into his eyes.

"You don't want Cowell do you?" he asks and I can see tears starting to brim his eyes.

"Simon" I sigh and make him look at me.

"I'm sorry." he says and tries to get up but I grab his hand and pull him back down.

"Si, don't go. Just stay right here." I say and kiss his lips softly. He kisses back and puts his uninjured arm around my waist.

"I guess I don't have to be drunk for you to take advantage of me? Do I Holden?" He asks and laughs.

"I guess not." I say and kiss him harder, climbing into his lap and straddling him.

"Amanda, do you want to be called Holden?" he asks, pulling away from me.

I bite my bottom lip, thinking about my answer. "Yeah." I whisper and look down.

"Okay, then that's what we will do." he smiles.

"Really?" I ask confused.

"Of Course. If you want your original last name then you can have it. It's your name not mine and plus I like Holden on you. It fits." he says and smiles. He kisses me and pulls my hips closer to him with his one hand. I can feel his jeans getting tighter and I giggle. "What's so funny?" he smiles.

"Your probably feeling a little tight aren't you?" I laugh.

"Uh..." he says and starts to turn extremely red.

"It's okay honey. I understand." I laugh and jump up just to be a tease.