Chapter 63

Amanda's POV
~The day of the funeral~
Simon, David, Alesha, Eric, and I are standing in front of A.J.'S casket for the last time. Alesha, David, and Eric say "Bye Bye." and then walk away to the car that David and Alesha drove in. Simon and I join hands and kiss the casket softly. He begins to cry and I have to basically pull him away.
"Simon, you have to let go baby." I whisper and he nods his head and begins to walk away. I follow behind him with tears in my eyes and we drive home while Alesha and David take Eric to their house. This is the last day with Simon and it's turning out to be the most painful day of my life. Once home we walk inside and are met by utterly dreadful silence. Simon walks upstairs and I go to the kitchen to pour him a Scotch. It always seems to ease the pain for him. I pour myself a glass of red wine and then walk upstairs and he's setting by A.J's room door. I slide down the wall and sit beside him, handing him his scotch.
"Thanks." He mumbles and takes a small sip.
"Your welcome." I mumble back and take a sip of my own. He lets out a heavy sigh and watches me sip on my drink.
"What?" I giggle.
"Your so beautiful. What have I done?" He whispers.
"You were trying to protect your family." I say and take another sip of my drink.
"I also did it the wrong way." He sighs and starts to tear up a bit.
"Then stay." I whisper and look him right into the eyes. He leans in closing the gap between our lips and what was innocent quickly gets heated right there. The taste of scotch on his lips mixed with the taste of wine on mine makes the sweetest taste and I don't want it to end. He quickly picks me up and carries me to our bed. By the time we get there both of us are only in our undergarments and being teasing little fucks.
"I've missed this." He whispers.
"So have I." I say out of breath. Soon we both end up tangled in the bed sheets not wanting out.
-------------------
I'm laying on Simon's chest, tracing my fingers up and down it oh so lightly. Both of us still trying to catch our breath and pull it together. I look at the time and it's dinner time but I'm not hungry and only want to spend my time with him. 
"I love you Mandy." He says, slowly scratching my back.
"I love you too Si." I whisper, planting a kiss on his chest. We just lay there enjoying each other's company, keeping our bodies together, fingers intertwined, and sometimes our lips locked.
------------------
~Hours Later~
I wake up in my bed still tangled in sheets but no Simon in site. I look at the time and it's the time he was supposed to go see Cheryl. I'm really hoping he didn't. I slowly get up and pull start walking down the hall in my undergarments. Once I approach his shirt from yesterday I pick it up and slide it over me. I grab our glasses and walk down stairs and put them in the sink. I call Simon's name and look everywhere for him but he's not here. His car keys are gone and so is some of his things. 'He left me. He didn't even say goodbye.' I think to myself. I walk past the table and there's a letter and an open computer.
Dear Amanda,
I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye before leaving but if I didn't leave to go to Cheryl she would hurt you and Eric and as the husband and father I can't let that happen. Please don't cry, remember this. You will never go one day wondering if your loved, not one day will go by without me thinking of you, and not one holiday will go by that I won't somehow send you a present. When Eric ask of me I beg you to tell them how you felt about me and what happened. That there was a man so scared, just as a little boy. So frightened to lose his family that he put his own life down but he loves his family dearly. I will miss you Amanda and I love you forever.
Yours truly,
Simon Phillip Cowell.
Once I finish reading the note I look at the computer and there's a video and with it says 'For my sweetheart.' I begin to watch the video and start to cry really hard. He really does love me and he did this for me.
(Video up to)
Simon's POV
~Before Amanda wakes~
I wake up and look down at Amanda thinking of what to do. I finally make a decision to protect my family. I get up and pack a duffel bag and throw it in my car. I then sit at the table and finish putting together the video I've been working on this week and then write Amanda a note. After I finish I walk up stairs one last time and see my beautiful baby tangled in sheets and sleeping peacefully. I slowly walk towards her and peck her lips and then kiss her forehead.
"I love you Amanda Louise Holden" I whisper and then leave for what might be the rest of my life.