Chapter 65

Amanda's POV

I walk away from Simon hurting and holding back tears until I get into my room. I still love him but I'm tired of getting hurt so I told him I didn't love him. That's the only way I could think to shut him up. I sit on the edge of my bed and look at the picture of him and Eric. When Eric was just a baby. I smile at the photo. Remembering how happy he was and never had to deal with any of this.

I feel this tears rolling down my cheeks and onto the glass of the photo

I feel this tears rolling down my cheeks and onto the glass of the photo. I hear the door open but ignore it because I don't care. I just want to remember when I was happy and when Simon was happy. I close my eyes as I begin to cry harder and my body starts shaking uncontrollably.

Simon's POV

I walk into what is now Amanda's room and she sits on the bed with something in her hands and tears rolling down her cheeks. I close the door and she starts crying hard and she squeezes her eyes shut as she starts shaking. I sit beside her and pull her closer to me. I look down at the picture and its a picture of Eric and I when he was just a baby. I smile and then pull Amanda the rest of the way into my lap. She puts her face in my neck, holding the picture to her heart and cries harder than I've ever seen her cry.

"Shhh." I whisper softly in her ear.

"I'm s-so sorry." she sobs, hitting my chest.

"You didn't do anything baby." I whisper.

"Yes, I said I didn't want you and that's a lie. I said I never wanted to see you and that's a lie. I said I didn't love you and that's a lie. It's all just one big lie!" she yelps and wraps one of her arms around my neck. I rock back and forth with her slowly and just let her let everything out.
"I'm hurting so much Simon. You left and you promised me you would still talk to me and you lied. You lied about everything that you promised." she sobs even harder and I just nod my head.

"I know baby. I'm so sorry." I whisper.

"I-I can't lie anymore. I don't want anymore lies. I just want you to hold me and tell me I'm gonna be okay and this isn't real." she whispers, voice soar and face red and wet from the breakdown.

"I got you and I'm not gonna let you go until you say." I whisper, looking into her brown, blood shot eyes. She nods her head and lays down on my chest with a death grip on my shirt. I know she's hurting and I'm the one that caused that pain. I should have been the one to stop it not start it. I look down and she's fallen asleep with her face nuzzled into my neck. I smile and pull back the blankets and lay her small body down and then pull the blankets back over her. I walk out of the room and pull out my phone. I dial Cheryl's number and she picks up after one ring.

"Hey babe." she says.

"Hey Cheryl." I say.

"What you need?" she asks.

"Cheryl, I think we need to break up. We both know it's not right and...."

I'm cut off with her agreement. "I agree and I was gonna tell you when you got here. You belong with Amanda and I know that."

"Oh wow, really?" I say in surprise.

"Yeah. Bye Simon." she whispers and then hangs up the phone. I am frozen at first but then a grin spreads on my face because I'm finally free. I look at the time and it's time for Amanda and I to leave. I walk into the bedroom to wake her but when I go in she's crying instead of in her sleeping state like I left her.

"Amanda, what's wrong?" I ask quickly.
"I thought this was all a dream. And you weren't really here." She sobs.
"Honey I'm right here! I won't go anywhere! I just come to tell you we gotta go for BGT." I say.
"Eric's babysitter." She shouts.
"She's already here. She got here when you went upstairs." I whisper.
"Oh, well I'll see you there." She whispers.
"What makes you think I'm gonna let you drive in the condition your in." I say, looking at her seriously.
"Your not my boss." She pouts.
"No, but I will protect you. So, your not driving. I'll call a limo for the two of us." I say smoothly and she just nods her head. She gets up and walks to the bathroom slowly. I look through the closet and find a tux I left behind. I change quickly and Amanda still hasn't come out of the bathroom yet. I knock on the door and she answers it in the most beautiful dress

 I knock on the door and she answers it in the most beautiful dress

ever but she's been crying and has mascara running down her face.
"Awe, baby gurl." I whisper and pull her into me.
"I can't do this Simon. Just kick me off of BGT and find someone prettier and better at the job." She cries.
"Hey! No! Your staying on BGT and your gonna stay strong. Because your my strong, beautiful, and amazing Amanda Holden." I whisper and kiss her cheek. She smiles at me and nods her head. After about thirty minutes she has redone her makeup and has a smile on her face, ready to go.
"Ready?" I ask.
"Yeah, lets go!" She says and takes my hand dragging us to the limo.
After we get there I get out of the limo and cameras instantly flash all over. I look behind me and Amanda hasn't got out yet. I crouch down and look in the car.  I put my hand in hers and she looks up at me with one single tear running down her cheek.
"Your my warrior, let's do this together. I got you every step." I whisper to her. She nods and slides out with her hand still in mine. She smiles for the cameras and signs a few autographs. Once we are inside she takes a deep breath and looks over at me.
"I did it." She smiles.
"That's right you did because your my strong, little warrior." I say and kiss her forehead.