Chapter 56

David's POV

Once we are home Alesha is already asleep. I get out of the car and go to the other side to get Alesha. I grab Alesha bridal style and then lock the car. Going into the house I almost trip over a box that's in front of the door. Letting out a deep breath, I take Alesha to our bed and then walk back downstairs to get the box. It has Alesha's name on it so I put it on the counter and begin to make a cup of tea for myself. My phone starts going off and it's one of my cousins.

"Hello." I say softly.

"Hey, David, I have some bad news." he sighs.

"What's going on?" I ask kind of worried.

"It's your Mom." he says.

"What? Is she okay?" I ask.

"David, she died." he says. "I'm sorry."

"i-it's okay. I gotta go." I say quickly and hang up the phone. I let my head fall into my cupped hands and hold back the tears. I finally get up and grab a bottle of whiskey and a glass. I begin to pour a glass to ease the pain.

-5 hours later-

I'm sitting against the wall crying and trying to figure out what to do. Everything is hazey becasue I'm drunk. I grab a picture of my Mom and look at it and finally let a few tears fall. I throw the empty bottle of whiskey at the wall and the bottle shatters.

Alesha's POV

I wake up to a loud clash and my body shoots up. I run downstairs and David is in the floor crying. I run to his side and see a smashed bottle across the room and a picture of his mom on the floor. "David, what's wrong?" I ask, kneeling in front of him and looking at his eyes.

"S-She's gone!" he starts balling. He falls onto my shoulder and he smells strongly of whiskey. Once I realize what he's talking about I understand and start to cry with him.

"I'm so sorry honey." I say, rubbing the back of his head. I sit against the wall, pulling him against my chest. He soon falls asleep against me and his scent mixed with Alchole over takes my nostrils. I soon fall back asleep in the floor for a few more hours.

-few hours later-

I wake up to the sun pouring through the window and into my face. I wipe my eyes and David is still out on my chest. I slowly pull away from him and clean up the glass and the picture of his mom. I put everything up and then walk back over to David and wake him long enough to move him to the couch. He stumbles to the couch, breathing heavily and crying still. He finally lays down on the couch and I go to walk away but he whispers my name. I turn around and he grabs my hand, holding it lightly. I knell beside him and put my hand on his face and he pulls my lips to his. The whiskey taste is still on his mouth and it's sour to mine. His tongue slides in my mouth and the taste gets stronger. Pulling my body on top of his, he groans softly and I know he's just trying to find a way to forget about his Mom. I push on his chest but he just holds me closer to him and kisses harder. I finally give in and begin to unbutton his shirt. Once it's off he grips my hips moving them forwards and backwards causing friction between both of us. I'm starting to drown in pleasure but I know I have to keep myself a float for David. He just lost his Mum and to forget about it he wants to have sex with me. I know this won't help him so I forcefully make him stop. He stares at me and tears start falling from his eyes again.
"David, I'm so sorry about your Mum." I whisper.
"I didn't even get to see her before she went. I could have been a better son. I lost her Alesha." He says, crying harder and wrapping his arms around my waist tight.
"Babe, you did everything you can and could. Don't blame yourself." I whisper in his ear, rubbing his back.
"I can't do this alone Alesha." He whimpers.
"I know babe. And you won't do it alone. I'll be right here every step of the way and I can call Amanda and Simon as well." I say softly. He nods his head slightly and looks down at his hands. I lift his chin and kiss his lips easily. "You can do this David."