18

I couldn't keep my eyes from letting out every tear I had held back.  All at once, I felt every warm tear run down my cheek and onto my dress. 

I'm so stupid!  Why couldn't I do it!?      I'm such a coward!

-Flashback-

It was nearly an hour later at 8 pm and so far everything is going according to plan. 

"I'm not leaving..."

I said before Jun placed his hand on my neck and I put my right hand on his cheek.  He moved in closer each second initiating the kiss.  The width of a nickel was between our lips.  Can I do this?

A sudden loud slam came from the back of the auditorium and I immediately looked up to see two people who I never thought I'd see again.

-Flashback inside a flashback-

A loud slam echoed in the auditorium and two people stand infront of the doors almost sweating.  It was my parents, they're finally here!

Just in time for my part!

-

"Mommy! Daddy! Did you see me up there!" I ran up to my parents after my first play in the 2nd grade and jumped up and down in front of them ecstatic.

"We sure did honey, I'm sorry we didn't see all of it but we saw your big part!" My mom crouched and held my shoulders smiling as bright as the sun.

"You were great!"  My dad said as he also crouched to my height.
"I have a present for you" he brought a bouquet of  white tulips with baby pick snapdragons around them.

"Thank you so much!" I immediately sniffed them and smiled

"They're so pretty!" I exclaimed.

"Just like you princess" he told me.

-end of childhood flashback-

The sound of the door slamming made me remember my very first play, the only play my parents saw. 

Mom?  Dad?  Is that you?

I looked up quickly tricking myself thinking that they were still alive and standing there at the doors.  All I was met with was a confused office secretary who was just strolling through and an angry director.

"Hana, what the hell was that!?"  He screamed onto the stage.

I could feel my eyes swelling and my vision blurred quickly.

I'm so stupid.  They're not there.

I stood up and ran across the stage to the nearest exit door and darted straight out leaving my cell phone and bag in the dressing rooms. 

-end of flashback-

  My mind was a complete mess.  Crowded in old memories of me and my parents, things that had to change after they passed, my life that I used to have.  Everything was all hitting me at once.  I never accepted the fact that they were gone completely until today had came.  I was so sad and distraught that I felt like I was dying from a broken heart.

  I didn't pay attention to where I was going or how far I ran, I just wanted to run and hide from everyone.  I eventually ran into a alley and collapsed to my knees and sobbed until I ran out of tears.  There aren't words to describe how broken I felt, I wish I could but, there aren't any. 

Mom, Dad, Lei...  Why does everyone who I interact with end up dying?  It's no fair!

An hour passed, my eyes were so puffy that it was hard to keep them open.  I didn't have any intention going back to get my things or going back to Tae's house.  I just wanted to see my parents.

  Somehow, I brought myself to my feet and slowly walked putting my foot in front of the other counting my steps.  Hardly anyone was out in public at this time except for the criminals and my thoughts.  I was still in the dress but it's now covered in dirt and dried tears. 

  My mind was too worn out to keep one thought at a time so it was filled with regrets, sorrows, and self-hate.  I pass by a small patch of dandelions and weeds.  Dad loved to pick dandelions for me.  Stopped in my tracks, I crouch down to pick them; in all I got 4 small yellow flowers with short stems and 2 weeds with tiny purple flowers on the sides.  Still crouched, I see a figure walking towards me with two people following behind them.

"Hey baby" one called "how'd you like to have a honey moon with me?"  Is he referring to the dress? 

I didn't pay him any attention and continued admiring the bundle of flowers. 

"Aye Princess!  I can make you feel like a queen tonight!"  Another yelled. 

I stood up and stepped in the direction that I needed to go to get to my parents.  I was about to pass them when one of them grabbed my forearm.

"Ay he's talking to you, you brat". Next thing he did was slap the flowers out of my hand and step on them.

Dad...

  I didn't say or do anything besides stare blankly at the now smushed pile of flowers.  My eyes turned blurry from fresh tears forming.

"You gonna say anything?". His grip on me tightened.  It hurts. I still couldn't get myself to say nor do anything.

"Guess I gotta make you speak".  He released my arm and smacked my right cheek, causing me to spin and fall to my knees.  His nails were long and scratched my cheek enough to break skin and allow blood to seep through. 

Why can't I fight for myself?

Another kicked my side, throwing me on my back to hold my stomach from the agonizing pain.  They proceeded to kick me over and over and over.  By then, I was on my side spitting up blood.  Before leaving me, one of them pulled something out of their pocket, before realizing it was a knife, he had already struck my abdomen.  Unable to muffle myself, out escaped a wince of pain.

Is this where I die?