Chapter 17- The Quidditch World Cup

Start from the beginning

"Good, good, what about you?"

Mr Malfoy looked around with a sort of bored look. "All right. Your department has done a charming job with the stadium."

"Thank you, we did put quite a bit of effort into this event." Mr Bole admitted.

"And you." Mr Malfoy said suddenly putting his bored yet somehow superior gaze onto V. "You must be Vindemiatrix Black." He said snaring into his smile. "I hear that you are quite a good Chaser, except for of course when you fainted during a game. Quite... Tragic that was, I do wonder why that happened?"

V felt a bit taken aback by this comment but kept calm all the same. "Well you see, it was just the one game where Flint thought it might be a bit funny to put a couple of absolute flying boulders on the team. That seemed to give me a bit of a freight." V replied feeling quite satisfied with what she had said even if it wasn't quite the truth. Draco scoffed next to him.

"Right." Mr Malfoy said raising his eyebrows. "You are all welcome to come to our tent after the game, it is the big one with peacocks surrounding it." He said with a curt smile before walking away.

Adrian gave her an amused look. "Couple of flying boulders? Nice one..."

The build-up was truly fantastic with the fans chanting like mad and last minute stragglers like themselves filing in wearing the most intriguing costumes to show their pride. But the build-up was nothing compared to the actual match. V had never quite seen chasers fly with such speed and skill, she had certainly learnt a few things about flying for the next year. The Irish chasers had certainly pulled the game into the lead, so far into the lead that when the Bulgarian seeker, Viktor Krum, had caught the snitch the Bulgarians still didn't win the game.

On the way to the Malfoy's tent, Adrian, Lucian and V walked back with a group of Irish fans and chanted, the whole group of them arm in arm, passing around various bottles of butter beer.

"That was the game of the century!" A guy literally covered in shamrocks bellowed.

"AYYYYEEEEE!" V and the rest of the group yelled, those who were holding butter beers raised them in agreement.

Adrian then pulled Lucian and V out of the crowd when he had spotted the Malfoys tent.

The tent looked quite a bit bigger then all of the tents around it however V couldn't quite understand how they were going to fit a party with presumably quite a few people in it. However, V just went with it as Adrian and Lucian didn't seem at all fussed.

But when they entered the tent which looked as though it would sleep no more than 10 people, it magnified to a huge size. There were about 50 people or chatting or dancing around avidly inside.

V gasped while her and her friends were greeted by a man in a waiter uniform holding a platter of butter beer which they all didn't hesitate before taking.

"Looks like you found the tent all right." Someone said from behind them. They turned around to find Draco standing in some nice dress robes, something that V suspected to be unusual to wear to a world cup. "I mean of course, it's too hard to miss."

"Yea, everyone has such small tents but this is proper sized." Lucian said nodding his head with an impressed smirk.

"Have you seen the Weasley's tent?" Draco then droned on. "Father and I had a bit of a walk around and then we saw that fool, Arthur Weasley, walk into what looked like a blanket on sticks." He snickered with Lucian joining in.

V however took a long swig of the butter beer trying to look anywhere but Draco. She wasn't planning on arguing back as that was too much of a risk especially if she wanted to keep her nimbus 2001 and she didn't want to agree as that wouldn't be very loyal at all to the twins.