Chapter 17- The Quidditch World Cup

Start from the beginning

"You must be V, it's good to finally meet you." He said as V got up to shake his hand.

"It's, er, good to meet you too."

"Right then, we need to get ready and go, the game starts in a hour." he said and everyone looked over to the grandfather clock standing at the end of the hallway.

It was currently 8 o'clock in the morning and despite the early morning (which V knew the boys couldn't stand) there was an atmosphere of excitement surrounding everyone. They all followed Mr Bole into their backyard which stretched on for an eternity before you could see a row of tiny trees.

In the backyard was an empty can of coke which was odd as wizards didn't normally have muggle trash lying around.

"Gather round, all of you." Mr Bole said indicating towards the can.

V did so curiously with the same look as Adrian however Lucian looked rather ill at the sight of the can.

"Right, we've got our own personal portkey with the help of a friend in the transportation department. I want you all to grab hold of it in a count of three." Mr Bole explained.

Everyone nodded, V doing so a bit more eagerly then everyone else. She could only imagine how much it would've cost to set up a personal portkey for a one time occasion, probably more than her car.

"One." Mr Bole began, "Two and Three."

They all grabbed on and immediately experienced a violent whirling sensation. V held onto the coke can as if she would never be able to have coke again and as they spun about wildly, V looked round to see a bur of colors rushing past. "Absolutely Splendid!" V cried out while the others tried to keep their heads down.

"Let go... Now!" Mr Bole yelled and they all let go of the can.

They all went flying to the ground except for V who gracefully floated down. She looked around to find herself surrounded by tents and people either dressed in red for Bulgaria or Green for Ireland. There was a smile upon her face which seemed impossible to wipe off. She then looked to the ground to find Lucian, his father and Adrian all groaning on the ground.

"You enjoyed that?" Adrian said groaning up at V.

V then lent him her hand. "Never felt anything quite like it." She replied still beaming.

The crowd around them seemed to be heading towards a path in the forest which must have led to the stadium.

"Alright then, the game is starting soon." Mr Bole said finally standing up. "We should head towards the stadium now."

They all walked as a group, chatting excitedly about their high hopes for Ireland all the way towards the match. When they reached a clearing, V gasped at the sight in front of her. There was a huge stadium about four times the size of a muggle football stadium and about 8 times the height.

Mr Bole smirked at all the teens, shocked faces. "And, we've got great seats too." He said holding out the four tickets.

They all entered the stadium which somehow looked bigger from the inside and they all climbed quite a few steps to get to their seats but when they got to their seats they found that it was absolutely worth it. They had seats just above the top box which meant that they had an amazing view and clear commentating as well. As they waited for the match an eccentric wizard offered to paint a clover on V's cheek which would usually cost money however he claimed that she was a 'pretty witch, and an Irish supporter.'

As they waited, a wizard in a black fur robe and smooth blonde hair passed with a familiar well-dressed boy standing next to him.

"Ah, Balbus, how are you doing?" Mr Malfoy asked Lucian's father.