Chapter XLVII

"So that's what happened..." I was sitting with Harry in his backyard, swaying lazily in the hammock and somehow managing to relay all this information to him in one breathless sentence.

About my brother that I never knew existed , about the attack I never know took place and the pain I never knew was there.

It was almost two days since my parents had told me their earth shattering secret and after Harry and I had our own little 'catch up' (I won't spell it out for you) I had decided I need to tell him about the sudden secret while wrapped cozily in a violet blanket and the recent cold snap had now made me fond of Harry's sweaters one which I was wearing now over my jeans.

"I don't know what to say Abby...really only that I'm sorry" Harry sling his arm around me and I instinctively went closer to him. "It's okay...I mean I never met him so I honestly don't know what to miss but my name serves as a reminder of him and now I can't even believe my parents would want to live with that type of pain every time they spoke my name" I sighed and I couldn't help but wonder if he was still alive if we'd be close like Mal, Ric and I were and how he would handle being King because he'd be first born and I wouldn't be in half the strife I was in now.

"I honestly hope that doesn't happen to our family..." I said softly and I think Harry heard me by the way he suddenly griped me a little tighter. "I'm sorry I should be mentioning that now I mean we are so young..." I said but really it was a conversation we needed to have in the future.

"It's alright...I have always wanted kids. I mean I have my brother but I barely could him as family and I know I told you once I was an only child and was lonely but I think I want kids also so they will never be lonely like I was" I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and leant my forehead against his.

"We won't let them be lonely and you'll never be alone because you'll always have me Harrison Grace" I rested my head against his chest, feeling his heartbeat suddenly go fast then become regular all in a matter of seconds.

"Hey Abby?" I looked up as my form of response. "Do you know when werewolves usually get married and have...what do you call werewolf children?"

"Pups" I said and I wasn't exactly surprised at his question, I mean it's been six months our mate bond solidified and now we were trying to be as normal as possible. "Well when do mates usually get married? And have children?" I could feel Harry's heartbeat pick up and I could also hear the panic in his voice.

Werewolves were traditional and our customs were fair and hardly ever questioned but to an outsider like Harry everything probably didn't make sense still.

"Well sometimes they get married as teenagers maybe eighteen or nineteen, sometimes even their early twenties. Pups are dependant on people, if you got married at eighteen you usually had pups at nineteen or twenty. You get married in your early twenties then you had pups maybe straight away or in your mid twenties. But everyone is different"

In reality I had more pressure to do all things sooner. I was to be a queen and it didn't matter if you were an alpha or whatever. You had to have a line of succession and that meant to have children as soon as you could. There was also something I hadn't told Harry yet...

I was to be coronated on my birthday. Not even five months away. I would be a senior and queen and Harry would now be considered apart of the werewolf elite.

Maybe I should've have told him then but I didn't.

"Hey I never noticed that before"

I followed Harry's gave and it fell on my tattoo. The invisible one to the human eye but could he even see that? "You can see this?" I said pointing to it and he nodded "yeah but I never noticed it until now..."

"Harry this tattoo can only be seen by werewolves it's how we identify each other" Harry's eyes widened slightly but then he shrugged "I can still see and last time I checked I am 100% human"

"Maybe it's the mate bond then, maybe it's the universes way of making you equal with me so if you can't be like me you can at least identify those like me" that would make sense and to be honest he had taken on some wolf like traits: the heightened emotions, increased agility and even strength.

Nothing too bad but it was almost like he was given a form of equal footing with us.

"Also another thing I need to visit a friend of mine" I said and Harry looked at me confused "what friend? Why?" I rolled my eyes "my friend Perrie, she needs to measure your head...for you crown" I said suddenly feeling very embarrassed.

"My crown?" I nodded "yeah I have one ready for when I become queen. It's  nothing fancy, mines just a simple silver band with Violets jewels encrusted with it. Since you'll technically not be king yours will be like my mothers, a smaller band with only a jewel in the centre"

Harry contemplated this and sighed "alright" I kissed him quickly "perfect, I'll take you tomorrow and also you only were it at important functions" Harry wrapped his arm tighter around me and we stayed like that for a bit longer.

We were in a good place and that is all I could ever want.