Chapter V

He wants to have coffee! I practically skipped all the way and my family thought I had found my mate but I lied and told them I just had a wonderful day and was in a good mood.

The next day I don't even think my smile wavered. I pulled on my green halter top and dark blue skinny jeans and curled my hair softly. I wanted to look casual but also ready for a date. I fixed my hair in front of the mirror and I heard mum knock on the door. "Hey Abby can you- oh where are you going?" I couldn't tell her the truth "I am going out with Evie? Just for coffee nothing else" I was a great poker player so she wouldn't call my bluff. "Alright darling, be home by three, the pack needs you to reset the training schedule with your dad" ahh yes the time of year where we all in our training schedules so we are all well equipped to fight just in case.

I will not leave my pack weak.

"Anyway mum, I need to go..." I went to move past her when she stopped me. "Abigail, about to the other when you fell...well your teacher rang me and told me your were feeling the same in class, what's going on?"

"Nothing!" I said a bit harshly.

"Abigail there was a girl when I was young who felt the same way and met her mate soon after because she was feeling the mate bond at a higher frequency because..." she gulped and I was terrified about what she was going to say.

"He was human" she finished and she looked at me pleadingly and in that moment I could have told her but I didn't, I couldn't. "Mum I need to go now" I said pushing past her again but this time I was more desperate to get away.

---://---//--/--

I walked into Lou's almost in a sweat. I couldn't shake what mum was telling me, this was normal? But how ? I was in so much pain especially when he was with Tia... but I don't understand how did she not see that the bond was there? God I was such a screw up. I couldn't have gotten a nice regular werewolf.

I sat down at one of the tables and ordered my usual and waited patiently. I turned out to look out the window and I saw Harry walking up to the coffee shop when he stopped and turned around then I noticed Tia appear through the window. I watched them speak for a few minutes when I saw Harry pull her in for a kiss and this time it was just a peck it was a full on make out practically.

Then it started.

"Ahhhhh" I gripped my head like I had done times before and collapsed to the ground. People around me started to crowd and I heard someone call 911. I let out a piercing scream as it felt like my head was on fire. "Come on honey" I heard someone say as the helped me up, "no... call, call..." I was shushed and hurriedly told to lie down again and wait till the ambulance came.

I felt the paramedics lift me into a ambulance and they were asking me all sorts of questions like my name and date etc. which I answered. "Please can I just go home?" I asked one of them "no not yet, is there someone I can call?" one of them asked me and I told them to call Dr. Ray Bennett (a doctor in our pack and close family friend). While they did that I kept thinking to myself how close I was...

--/---/--/ --

"Oh Abigail thank god" Ray said when he picked me up noticing the small bruise forming on my temple. "Hi Ray" I waved slightly as he helped me into his car. "Now why didn't. Your call your parents?" He demanded as he began to drive me home. I had forgotten that Ray liked to give the third degree. "No reason , I just had a pain in my head that's all!" I protested "the paramedics said it was like the symptoms of an aneurysm! You could have died!" I looked at him wide eyed , but that wasn't possible. "Abigail Gilbert I am telling your parents when we get home, you understand!?" I had no respond but to nods because now my parents would find out about Harry.

The boy who had chosen Tia and stood me up.

Wonderful...

---
Wow Harry you jerk.

So next chapter it will come to a head and it will all be a very different thing for the family to cope with.