Chapter VI

Getting home, I had quickly tried to make a daring escape for my room hoping to avoid my mothers coddling and my dads worrying. But I had no such luck, as soon as I entered the stairwell I heard Ray follow me and call for my parents.

I was a wolf so I was pretty fast and I knew I could have probably made it to my room before Ray told them about my little accident but I was up against a King and Queen who had years on me, even in wolf form the were terrifying with mums dark brown wolf with a powerful stroke and dads blonde wolf who was three times the size of most wolves in our pack - I was screwed.

"ABIGAIL PEARL GILBERT!" I heard mum shriek and before I even knew what was happening she was pulling me back down stairs despite my objections. By the time I was downstairs I was forced onto the lounge with my parents staring down at me.

"For heavens sake Abigail, why wouldn't you want to tell us!? We are your parents!" Dad roared and I began to wringe my hands nervously. "First the fainting spell before school then your teacher rang us and told us about your moment in World Lit and now today... do you have something to tell us?"

I couldn't tell them but I knew I had to, this was bigger than what I could handle but I couldn't and I wouldn't. "No. it was just a headache now and was a headache then, please let it go" I sat up and noticed my parents exchange a worried glance but they knew if they forced I wouldn't give in at all. I couldn't tell my parents about how my mate was human or how he was making out with Tia Summers. I mean come on that's just embarrassing.

I knew I needed to do something so I decided that I would go and see the only person who could make me feel better: Evie Pierce.

----///---//--

Walking up to her house I was greeted by her mum Samantha (but she insisted I call her Sam) "hi Abby, Evie's upstairs" Samantha Pierce is one of my favourite people in the world besides my family, Mr Pierce died a few years ago so it was just her and Evie which had made them closer and also it made Sam more motherly and protective of children other than her own which was amazing.

I walked upstairs to see Evie sitting in her bed watching her favourite tv show: One tree hill. "Oh come on why!?" She was obviously screaming at her favourite couple on the show: Lucas and Peyton but I had never seen the show but because of Evie, knew all about it. "Am I interrupting something?" I chucked and joined her on the bed. "No... but I was going to call you."

Well that sounded serious

"What's wrong?"
"I found my mate today..." she confessed and I squealed. "OH MY GOSH WHO!?" I was so excited and also was using this for my own gain because then we could focus on her. "Dr. Bennett's son Jem."
"Oh yeah Jeremiah Bennett he's what nineteen?" I asked even though I knew the answer. "Yeah..." it was perfectly understandable she'd find her mate around now because she had turned seventeen about two weeks before me and obviously Jem had come to visit his dad on weekends which was today.

"Oh Evie that's so exciting!... why don't you look happy?" I asked her noticing her sullen expression. "I am happy but I didn't want you to be sad because you haven't found yours yet.." and I couldn't help it but I burst out laughing. "Eve don't be stupid you deserve to find happiness and Jem is perfect! He studying Business and he's kind and gosh look at Ray and Poppy they are the loveliest people and so is Jem." I assured her and I noticed she had perked up a little bit.

"Yeah he invited me out for dinner tonight but I don't know..." she was nervous which was understandable but I wouldn't let her be sad today especially when she had found her other half. "Before you get ready... how did you two meet?" And I saw Evie break out into the biggest smile I have ever seen.

She had told me all about how they both stopped to watch a busker and ended up talking about music that they liked and that's when they felt the pull. It was sweet and beautiful and I wish mine was that good instead of me creepily staring at him in a coffee shop while taking my order.

Although Evie offered for me to stay at her house while she went out I knew I couldn't stay and decided I would help her get ready and go. Although I had every intention of telling Evie all about Harry and Tia I just couldn't... I didn't want to put a damper on her night.

I'll tell her later I promised myself but later was subjective.

---

Okay I know this chapter is a bit shitty but I promise it gets better! Coming chapters will involve homecoming, Harry's stance on the occult and his apology for standing up Abby.

L xx