Chapter XXXV

"Where am I?" I shot up quickly and turned to see Harry sleeping beside me.   Looking around I could see the sterile white walls and the illuminated view of South Dakota out of the window. I remembered that I was in the hospital with Harry. Looking around I saw that someone had placed a warm yellow blanket over us, I think it may have been his parents.

Eventually again I managed to snuggle back into Harry and his hand lazily wrapped around my shoulder. Somehow everything was calm and was at rest.

A few days later Harry was discharged and I had decided I meet to talk about the mate bond with him that and I also wanted to keep an eye on him. I decided I'd go and visit him, flowers in hand, White carnations to be exact. "Hey you" I had climbed through his window again where Harry was sitting on a beanbag in his room. "Abby you know we have a front door..." he gestured to the front of the house to make a point.

"Yes I do but this way is fine, werewolves are very agile" I saw Harry make a face "still not used to it huh?" And he shook his head "I mean everything you said to me when I was asleep...it's just surreal that's all" I shrugged "sometimes I do wish I was normal and I dream of ordinary but at the same time my pack is my family and I would never have those people if I was ordinary" Harry nodded understandably "I understand but I have a feeling you aren't just here to make sure I am recovering" I rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I wanted to talk to you about something important..."
"Oh lord that's never a good sign" I playfully pushed him "I wanted to talk to you about the mate bond" Harry stared at me "I thought I knew everything?" I scoffed and I tried to suppress laughter "what you think that you found out that I am a wolf and that we are dating is enough? Oh no no, there's a lot more than that" Harry sat up and flopped himself down on his bed and he gestured for me to join him.

"Okay where do we start?"

"Okay so mates as you know are a werewolves soulmate and we are very protective of our mates. Although you and I are dating it doesn't immediately claim you as mine. First I bite you-"

"I'm sorry you what?" He stopped me and looked at me with wide eyes. "Uh yeah right here..." I moved his shirt down slightly and touched the crock between his neck and shoulder. "Traditionally the male bites the female but as you know you can't do that to me so..." Harry nodded "look it only stays dark for a few days and then it fades and it looks a scar no body ever has to know...well other humans don't have to know" Harry nodded and touched the spot that I showed him. "But it has to be consensual and it won't work unless you tell me that your okay with it"

"Does it hurt?"
"Not to my knowledge but once I do bite you I want you well..." I was kind of embarrassed at this "what?"
"Werewolves tend to get very uh...eager to complete the rest the mating straight away once they get bitten"
"What's the second part of the process" I gave him a look "Abby looking at me like that doesn't help "you know..." I groaned "sex damn it! To complete the mating ritual we have to have sex and then you and I are 100% mates and then I go into heat once a month..." Harry stopped me again "what's heat?" I couldn't help but laugh slightly "heat is when I get very lustful but it's also when a female werewolf is most fertile so you know"

"Oh so you don't need to..."
"No I don't need birth control"
"But how do you know when your in heat?"
"It's like your hot all the time and others can tell because our skin feels really hot and also it's our behaviour" Harry nodded and I was glad he was starting to get it.

"Look Harry I need to get you to understand something, werewolves tend to have marry and have children young and as a Queen I must continue my families lineage and also our children will be werewolves..."
"Yeah you said that before..."
"Does that bother you?" Harry shook his head "no no..." he grabbed my hands "you know that I love you and although I didn't initially sign up for this I will take this in stride and I happy to be on this journey with you"

I nodded "oh and another thing"
"Lay it on me darlin'"
"The elders want me to bite you by Christmas to make sure that you will keep our secret" I blurted it all out in one breathless sentence "I'm sorry what?" He looked at me "wait wait wait, I have two months to decide if I want my werewolf girlfriend to bite me on the neck?"

"I'm so sorry..." Harry held up his hands "it's okay, it's time to let me think okay? But for now can I do one thing?"
"Yes anything?" He leaned forward and kissed me softly "just that"

"Very smooth Harrison, very smooth"