Chapter XXXI

I sprinted faster and faster I could feel my wolf emerging but I could also hear Harry's footsteps and heartbeat as I ran . After awhile and many twists and turns I heard his footsteps turn faint and once I felt safe I shifted feeling my body mould into the shape of my wolf. "What the fuck!?" I turned my head sharply and I saw Harry there he was sweating and panting and was looking at my wolf like I was going to attack him.

"Wh-what did you do with Abby ?" He suddenly slipped over and when I approached him he backed away from me and he looked absolutely petrified. I had to do it:

I shifted back.

"Harry..." I approached him but he held up his hands "don't hurt me!"
"I would never hurt you..." I tried to get closer but he kept moving further. "What are you!?" I couldn't help but chuckle but I stopped quickly "isn't it obvious?"
"No no no, I don't believe in that shit, this is just a dream" he covered his eyes with his hands "werewolves aren't real" I finally caught up with him and grabbed his wrists pulling his hands away "they are and please don't be afraid of me..." I pleaded but he pushed me back violently. "YOUR NOT EVEN HUMAN!"
"Now now that's not quite accurate, I'm just not 100% human"

"Stay away!" He suddenly tore away leaving me alone and I couldn't help it I sat on the grass and cried.

"FUCK!" I screamed into the nothingness and I wanted to goddamn hit something, bloody hell where is a punching bag when you need it? "Did you think he was going to love you?" I turned sharply to see a figure shrouded in shadows. "You shut up!" The figure steps forward and for the first time I could see another slight glimpse of a feature: a pinkish looking burn on his hand, now beginning to scar.

"He was never going to love you, we're monsters, something that exists between fiction and reality. He was never going to accept you for what you truely are" without any warning or for thought: I lunged for him. He side stepped my attack easily "ohhh struck a nerve? But now that he hates it's going to make killing him so much easier , especially without his little werewolves protection" he stepped behind me and whispered "what are you going to do sweetheart when I rip him, limb from limb and make you watch?" I quickly grabbed the edge of whatever clothing I grasp which for once caught him off guard. "You will never hurt him, I'll will kill you before you get the chance" I seethed and he chuckled merely at my threats.

"You can't murder a shadow" and like a bullet he jabbed me in the side hard making my grasp loosen to let him disappear into the darkness.

---

It had started to rain by the time I arrived home, the irony was not warded on me. "Hi honey how was the party?" Mum asked when I got home, she was waiting up for me I knew that. She wasn't expecting Ric because he was sleeping over at someone's house. "Abby what's wrong?" She placed a hand on my shoulder and I began to tremble "h-he knows"
"Who knows?"
"Harry knows" I said this time more forcefully "Honey you've lost me a bit"

"HARRY KNOWS I AM A WEREWOLF!"
"Oh"
"Oh? I tell you that Harry knows the biggest secret we have and all you have to say is oh?" My mother looked at. E surprise "well why did you tell him?"
"It wasn't my choice... there was Cal Flo in our drinks and that triggered my shift and he happened to follow me and he saw me change..." my mum nodded in understanding and led me over to the couch.

"Well how did he take it?" and I think my sudden display of crying said to her that it was obviously bad. "He's afraid of me! He thinks I'm a monster" I took a deep breath "this wouldn't have happened if I got paired with a nice normal werewolf, no secrets, no explanations..."
"No strip show in front of the pack" I shot her a dirty look "not helping" she held up her hands defensively.

"Do you want my advice?" I nodded eagerly "I want you to speak to him tomorrow, he is your mate and he although he may be mad and confused but ultimately your his true love and that's going to speak louder than him knowing a secret" I nodded sadly "but what if he doesn't want to see me?"

"Oh sweetheart, you'll be creative and figure something out, I promise" I laid my head on my mums shoulder and she stroked my hair "it will all be okay little one , I promise"

And somehow that made things seem like they would be.

----

Yep I did it. I made Harry find out about her and next chapter Harrys got some hard truths coming his way. Also the thing about the scar on the werewolf is very important but it will also be awhile before I reveal anything else about the wolf.

L xx