Chapter XLII

"Bloody hell Abby" Harrison helped me up and looked at me trying to find the wound. "Remember how you said your parents gave you medical training?" I removed my hands away from my waist and although the room was dark and my dress equally so, Harry could obviously see the dark red patch on my clothing because he gasped.

"Alright, take off your dress and I'll get you some shirts and a t shirt." He quickly ran off and came back with some of his clothes and I slipped on the shorts and then peeled off the dress gently, leaving me only in a white bra and a pair of Harry's shorts (which were way too big).

"Here, lie on the counter" I lay myself down on the kitchen counter as Harry sat down on one of the bar stools and inspected the wound "I thought you could heal?" he asked me as he began to thread the needle "yeah I can and this will probably be gone in maybe three days but I also don't want to bleed to death either" I said as I stared at the ceiling as Harry began to stitch my wound.

"Harry?" I turned my head, careful not to move my body too much. "Yeah?" I didn't look up expect the only thing I could see was the top of his head. "What are you hiding from me?" it was an unfair question to ask I know that but it also seemed unfair to me that Harry got to know this major part of his life but the way he reacted when I shook him proved that there was a big part of his life that I didn't know.

"I'm done now" he stood up and began to walk away from me and that irritated me because he was avoiding talking to me. "Harrison Grace!" I got off the counter quickly and before Harry could turn and reprimand me, I was in front of him. "Don't do that" he said pushing past me "what? Be faster than you?" I trailed behind him and if his staircase wasn't so narrow I would have blocked him.

"Dammit Abigail please let it go" he looked tired and and worn down and I was going to point out that I had been stabbed less than an hour ago. "Harrison, I told you I was a bloody werewolf, what's bigger than that?" I asked him, following him to his room.

"How about almost getting murdered by your brother?"

I was taken aback and honestly I would have been surprised if I wasn't.

"I beg your pardon!?" I thought maybe he was screwing with me, like maybe this was some plot of a movie I hadn't seen and he'd be like 'GOTCHA!' But he didn't, he just kept staring at me, eyes unblinking and I realised he was being deadly serious.

"I think I need to sit down" I sat down on his bed and my hand on my forehead "okay now would be a really good time to fill me in or so help me I will scratch the living shit out of you" and he knew I wasn't bluffing. "Fine only because you can't let things go and I was going to tell you eventually" and I rolled my eyes at that one.

Because I highly doubted it.

"Harrison? I don't know what to say?" I didn't even know I mean how could I? None of my siblings wanted to kill me. Harry sat down on the bed head in his hands. "My parents never talk about Colby, he's like the dark family secret no one wants to bring up" he began "Colby was always violent, he was rough and brazen and seemed to be in fights even when he was in preschool."

Harry took a deep breath and I placed my hand on his arm a silent way of telling him to continue.

"When I was ten and Colby was thirteen we used to fight a lot, a push here a shove there but I never walked away without a few bruises, even though my parents weren't around much they just thought Colby was going through a tough phase" I looked at Harry not quite sure how to respond "then when I was twelve I woke up with Colby trying to strangle me and when my parents saw him they didn't know how to respond after they pushed him off me. They sent Colby to every therapist they could find but they couldn't figure out why he did it, when Colby attempted it again six months later my parents weren't home and the neighbours called the police after they heard me screaming... Colby was sent to a mental institution three weeks later and when he turned eighteen they put him in prison" I was shocked I had never expected this.

"But that doesn't explain..."
"I get night terrors and they aren't as frequent but when you shook me that night it just set me off because Colby would shake me awake and ask me 'do you want to play a game?' And that how he'd start strangling me, telling me that he just wanted to play"

I couldn't believe it, I really couldn't. How did Harry have so much pain in his past yet seemed to be the bright and happy young man I had come to fall in love with?

"Harry..."
"Abby please don't speak, I didn't mean to hurt you that day or any other day and I can't bear the look of pity that you give me now, but I only have one favour to ask you" he said to me, grasping my hands "anything"

"Stay with me tonight"

---

Well there it is. I could have prolonged this secret but I didn't and I believe that mates are brought together sometimes to help each other heal and that Abigail and Harrison will be bonded by both love and tragedy but either way they will have a happy ending.

I promise my readers that

L xx