Chapter XIX

"WAKE UP SOLDIER!" At the sound of the screaming I feel out of bed, the tartan sheets coiled around my body like a fabric snake. "What the hell Evie?" I untangled myself from the blanket and dusted myself off. "Sorry Abby but it's eight hours until homecoming and we've got a lot to do" she held up her garment bag and her goliath makeup bag.

"Evie" I whined and attempted to scramble back into bed "ohhhh no, come on A.P" she pulled at my legs and I ended back on the floor. "Come on get into comfy clothes and I will get you some food." She disappeared downstairs and I pulled on a pair of black tights and a pink sweatshirt. 

Three minutes later Evie appeared with two coffee mugs. "What happened to food?" I asked "eh I will get some later" she gave me a cheeky smile and handed me my yellow mug. Taking a sip I almost spit it out "eww espresso?" I tried to hand the cup back. "No way Abby you need to perk up" she said as she sipped her own drink which I noticed was a latte "why do you get milk in yours!?" But she just ignored me.

After what felt like forever (it was actually an hour) Evie and I had to do item #1 on Evie's homecoming list : Manis and Pedis. Now I personally hate going to the nail salon because I find it boring and plus I am ticklish. "Come on Abby it's 11:30 and our appointment is like now" she grabbed my hand and dragged me into Kerri's Nail Salon which I had to admit was really good because I remember it from last year.

"Hiya Evie" Kerri's son Connor was behind the counter he chatted to Evie for awhile but because I didn't know the Shia's that well I kind of stood there awkwardly. Eventually we both got led over to the nail section where I had my finger nails painted a pinkish colour and my toe nails white while Evie got a light yellow on her fingers and a nude on her toes.

We were seriously such plain people.

I had managed not to kick my nail salon attendant in the face (it happened in freshman year...) and as promised Evie did get me food. When we got back to my place my mother was waiting for us and began to fuss. "How are you doing your hair? Oh how does your dress look? Oh Abby your not even going with anyone..."

That last one got to me.

"Well neither is Evie..." I said even though that was probably the worst example. "That's because Jem is in college but he's already told me we will have matching costumes for Halloween" she sighed and stared into the distance a dreamy look on her face. I wanted to gag it was probably something cliche like the princess and the frog.

But it also served as a reminder that I probably wouldn't be going to Halloween with Harry because he'd be going with Tia or maybe not at all because it was a werewolf rager and he probably wouldn't make it 3 hours.

But that's another story.

Walking back upstairs Evie sat me down on my vanity chair, my mother following close behind with a hairbrush and a multitude of bobby pins. "Right girls who's ready to have their hair done?" Evie and I both raised our hands and then burst into giggles, I had almost forgot what this all felt like.

I had pulled up the pictures from my freshman and sophomore homecoming because I never like to do repeats. Freshman year I wore my hair in a fishtail crown and then in sophomore year I wore it in a high bun. This year I requested a braid that would go down my shoulder. Evie went in the total opposite direction and got her hair in an intricate style but I didn't know how to even describe it.

When we had to do our makeup I requested mine to be light and not to fussy which my mother happily complied with because she doesn't like me wearing much makeup either. "Hey Evie what time is Samantha coming?" Every year we alternate where we get ready and this year it's obviously my turn and last year I went to Evie's house. "Umm about 6 ish? We are leaving at 6:30" I nodded as Evie began to finish her own makeup which was to my surprise just as basic.

"All right girls I'll leave you to it" Mum walked out my room and leafy us to get ready. Thank god our dresses we could slip into (but that's all I actually knew about Evie's dress). "Okay I'll go in the bathroom and you stay out here?" I told her grabbing my garment bag and Evie just waved me away mainly I think because she was excited to finally wear her dress.

Slipping it on I did a once over in the mirror and trust my first thoughts were 'Harry would be impressed' "stop it Abby.." I said to myself giving myself a stern kind of look but even I knew I couldn't take myself seriously.

"A.P YOU READY!?" Evie banged on the bathroom door. 3...2..1 I opened the door and we both let out a gasp of surprise.

It's showtime.

---

Okay okay so the reason I am dragging this homecoming story out is because it is a very important part of the story. Also this story is going to be to much longer than spotlight and a sequel for Howler might happen depending how I feel.

Also over three hundred reads!? I am actually stunned and so so thankful.

L xx