Chapter XXII

"AHHHHHHH" I screamed I felt like my heart was being ripped in two. "Abigail?" My mum walked down stairs dressing down and all but when she saw me she screamed "ABIGAIL!" She ran up to me but I kept screaming "make it stop, make it stop, MAKE IT STOP!" I felt like my body was being slashed and I was gripping to the floor and I was creating large scratch marks.

"CHASE!" My mum screamed and I could vaguely see dad, Ric and Mal all running down the stairs. "Holy shit Hayley what's going on?" he was bending next to me but I could do was scream. "NGGGGHHHH PLEASE MAKE IT STOP" I saw Ric make a face briefly and I saw his face have a dawn of realisation: Harrison and Tia.

I felt my dress rip and my mother gasp "Chase..." I took the moment to see why they had stopped and I then saw the deep red gashes on my stomach and body. Then the surge of pain returned. "AHHHHHHHHHH" I withered and I finally heard someone say call Dr Bennett. "It won't do any good!" As I sat panting in pain everyone turned to Ric "son what do you mean?" Dad asked him and I silently pleaded for him not to tell them. "Abby is in pain because of her mate"
"By she doesn't have-" my mum suddenly looked at me and it hit her "your mate is human?" I weakly nodded but grimaced in pain. I started to scream again and after what felt like an eternity Dr Bennett , Jem and one of  last people I wanted to see me like this: Evie.

"Quick we need to get her to the pack infirmary NOW" Dr Bennett picked me up and I honestly don't know how I got to the pack infirmary because I must have passed out.

---

Waking up I suddenly was dazzled by bright lights. It took a moment for me to realise I was in the pack infirmary and I think I may have startled the nurse. "Sorry" I mumbled to the girl and She scuttled off. "Your awake!" I turned to see Evie, her eyes looked sleep deprived and sunken and I assumed by her clothes that she was on her way to meet me for afters when I...well I didn't know what to call it. "Oh thank god!" Evie wrapped her arms around me and I winced. "Sorry your cuts..." I looked down to see my entire torso and shoulder had been bandaged. "How long?"
"Just a day but we lost you for a moment..." I died? Even for a split second I was gone.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Evie whispered and I didn't know how to answer her. "I-I don't know I wanted to but come on, a werewolf queen with a human mate it's almost stuff of fiction to us"
"You still should have told me"
"I'm sorry...I thought you and my parents would think less of me if this was my soulmate" I looked down and I suddenly felt a wave of sadness. "That's the stupidest thing you've ever said Abigail Gilbert" and she wrapped me in a hug.

"He wants to see you..." Evie said as she let go of me "well I don't want to see him right now..." I turned away from her "Evie, people at school talk and they think you fell... even the pack and Harry wants to see you." I shook my head

"no"
"The pack will find out eventually about your mate, you know that" Evie tried to convince me "you know what fine! Let him see me I won't speak to him"
"Good because he's outside" I stopped dead at that one. "You brought him TO THE PACK HOUSE!?" I was fuming now, was she insane!? "Relax I sent the pack on an all day training excise because you needed quiet. "You set for him to come over whether I was awake or not didn't you?" She didn't answer but she smiled slyly "come on Harry!"

Before I could object he was in the room carrying a bunch of my favourite flowers: Floss flowers. Evie winked and she excused herself. I couldn't help but stare at Harry, he looked good in all black but I was still majorly pissed off. "I'm so sorry..." he sat down on the cot and I sat up to face him properly. "You told me you wanted to be with me..."
"I do..."but I wasn't having it "THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SLEEP WITH TIA!?"
"How did-?"
"Does it matter?" He sighed and shook his head "I don't know what came over me when it happened and the moment it was over I wanted to wash myself clean and then I did the douchy thing and broke up with her straight after." I caught myself there, he broke up with her?

"Please Abigail I want to make it up to you, please I will do anything" I couldn't forgive him, how could I? But my body ached because finally for so long it was feeling the affects of acceptance. "Fine, you get one shot" I held up one finger "but I haven't forgiven you so don't mistake me making peace for forgiveness because honestly I don't know how I feel yet..."

I hated myself that I was doing this but when he told me he regret sleeping with her the look on his face looked like he may shatter any moment. We sat in a comfortable silence for awhile and when Evie came back he knew he had to leave "bye Abby" he hugged me and as he did he whispered "I will win you back"

And with that he was gone.