Chapter VII

Walking back into the house I was greeted by an all to familiar sight of my parents standing in the living room,arms crossed. "Where the hell have you been!" Dad roared. I flinched at his tone, he rarely used it with me.

"I-I" but my mother cut me off "no you don't get to explain. You dashed out of this house like a god damn mad woman and you came back looking frightened as hell, now Abigail Gilbert you tell us what is going on RIGHT NOW" I gulped, I realised I had been backed into a corner.

I had two choices. I could tell them that I had met with a serial killer and possibly be locked in my home forever or I could relent and tell them about Harry which they would probably never believe but I was backed into a corner. For the first time in my life I couldn't talk my way out of this and I couldn't believe this was the moment I couldn't pull an escape card.

"I can't tell you" My parents were not going to take that but it was the best I could do while I made my decision. "DAMNIT ABIGAIL JUST TELL THEM!" I looked to the stairs landing to see Ric, his arms folded and his brows furrowed. How long had he been there?  "Godric, don't..." I stepped towards him as he began to walk downstairs. "Mum, dad... Abby had just found out Evie found her mate before she did and she felt she had disappointed you" I looked at him stunned, he was covering me.

I watched my parents breathe a sigh of relief "oh Abby honey you should have just told us." Mum came and wrapped her arms around me "is that why you were so upset? You thought that we wouldn't be happy with you because you haven't found your mate yet?" I nodded and somehow I felt like crying because I was getting caught in these web of lies and then dragged my baby brother in with me.

"Go to bed Abby and please try and be pleasant with the Graces I don't want them to think your a weird girl" Dad laughed and sent Ric and I back upstairs. "Godric thank you.." but he cut me off "you have to tell them eventually but I am buying you time because your my sister and I love you" he gave me a hug.

Retreating back into our separate rooms I lay down on my bed and turned to look at the photo collage on my wall. The photos included ones when I was small dancing on my dads toes and another with Ric and I mid Macarena when we were little. Some were later with saw Evie and I almost a year ago in sparkly dresses for a school dance. I couldn't look anymore because every single person in this photographs I was lying to. 

I changed into a blue nightshirt and eventually fell into a guilt ridden sleep.

---

The next morning I woke up earlier than normal. It was maybe 4:30 and I couldn't help but fell sick to my stomach. Today was another school day and homecoming was days away and yet my mind was miles and miles away. I tried to go back to sleep for another 30 minutes but failed miserably. Walking downstairs I walked into the kitchen "AHHHH" I screamed as I saw a figure move "bloody hell Abby" I turned on the kitchen light to reveal my dad hunched over the kitchen bench clutching his chest in surprise. "Sorry dad I just..." he waved his hand dismissively "couldn't sleep huh kiddo?" I shook my head and sat down at the kitchen counter.

Dad began to start to make breakfast : grilled cheese sandwiches. "Abby I want to give you something?"
"Aren't you giving me breakfast?" Dad chuckled at that "no Abby, you know because if that wolf that killed Stanley..." he trailed off as his eyes began to glisten. "Yeah...dad but honestly whats wrong?" Dad held up a finger and went out of the room and came back with a small pink box.

"Open it" he looked excited but also worried. Opening it I saw the last thing I expected : a knife. It had a dark brown handle and looked like a hunting knife but I couldn't be sure. In the handle the name Charles was engraved. "It was my grandfathers knife and it's been passed down and now because I want you to be protected I want you to have it." I took it and examined it, it wasn't uncommon for wolves to be skilled in weaponry. "Just don't tell mum" he handed me my grilled cheese sandwich and I slipped the knife back into the box. After breakfast I took it back upstairs and stuffed in my underwear draw and checked my phone: 6:30.

Time to get ready and face the guilt head on.

----

All I wanted to say is that almost 300 reads is amazing and that I am sorry if this story is feeling abit slow but Abigail and Harrison have a slowly developing relationship.