Chapter XXXVI

"This is ridiculous!" I was standing in the kitchen failing my arms around like a mad woman. "Oh for heavens sake, they are coming to visit and that's that" my dad was telling about how the Saffrons obnoxious king and Queen were coming to visit me to congratulate me on my mate and to check out the pack (yeah we all visited each other a lot) "they also want to see who's my second and if I can take care of my people!" I sat down exasperated.

"Mum, dad you know I cannot stand Logan and Theresa Chantal! Their pack thinks they are cut above the rest and the elders adore their pack because they are all pure breed werewolves and there is no apparent 'mixing'" yeah just like the Malfoys in Harry Potter the Saffrons took great pride in how they never have had a werewolf and human mixing.

Ever.

"Fine fine but they stay on my land for one day, that's it" I turned to walk out of the house "where are you going?"
"To pick my second" and I knew just who to ask.

I was walking along until I finally found the house I was looking for. Knocking on the door Jem answered it, a grin plastered on his face. "Hey Jem, you look happy?" I asked him cocking my head to the side "yeah yeah, just had a very good conversation with Evie" I widened my eyes "oh is she here?" I asked craning my neck "yeah she is...did you need to see her?" I shook my head "no you actually" I could tell that he was surprised "oh I alright do you want to come in?"
"If you insist" Jem opened the door wider and I stepped inside. "Jem don't you have school today? I feel like never see you go there anymore?" I asked him and he shook his head "I transferred to a school closer so I could be near Evie..." I smiled, that was very sweet of him.

"Anyway what did you want to ask me?"
"Jem, we've know each other for years and you've always proved to be a brilliant tactician and your strategies they are always brilliant and so skilled and well the Chantals are coming to check up on us and I need to pick a second and I was wondering if you'd be my second?" Jem looked at me stunned "Abby I'd honoured! Oh wow thank you" he came over and wrapped me in a big hug.

"Oh hey" we both turned to see Evie "Evie guess what?" Jem walked over to Evie and wrapped his arm around Evie "what?"
"She asked me to be her second!" He was beamed and I couldn't help but smile, he was like I'd given him the keys to a toy store. "Oh wow that's wonderful!" When Evie leant up to hug Jem I noticed something where he shoulder and neck met: a bite mark.

"Evie?" I walked over to her and brushed her hair aside "you got marked!" I hugged her excitedly and Evie hugged back "well it just happened so..." Evie and Jem smiled at each other but I smiled too but I instinctively touched where theoretically my mark would have gone.

"Well I'll leave you two lovebirds to celebrate the good news and Jem? The Chantal's are coming tomorrow at 3 and you need to be there okay?" Jem nodded excitedly and I left the house as she and Jem were excitedly talking. I walked down the street and got out my phone and I wrote a text:

3'o clock my place tomorrow

Please Harry you better be there.

----

The next afternoon I stood uncomfortably in my living room waiting for the most irritating and obnoxious people to arrive. I was uncomfortably standing in a long sleeved, shirt white dress with beading all over it because mum said "it exuded an air of majesty" I had no idea what that really meant but if it impressed Theresa and Logan I would live with it. I had Harry and Jem beside me, Jem was wearing a white tshirt and dress pants while Harry wore a soft blue green shirt smith jeans and suspenders. I swear boys don't understand when I said dress well.

"Are they going to be here soon?" Harry asked me and I shrugged "royals don't do schedules" and Harry nodded even though he looked very confused. "Oh god there here"
"How can you- oh werewolf hearing right" I rolled my eyes at Harry but opened the door anyway where Logan and Theresa were standing out the front. "Abigail darling, how are you?" Theresa came over and kissed my cheek and Logan shook my hand firmly.

"Come in you two" I opened the door for them and they walked in and I tried to suppress a giggle, they looked ridiculous. Logan wore a suit which I knew was a high end one (the brand I couldn't tell you) and he wore his Crown Jewels (every pack has them) which were imbedded with yellow stones and Theresa stood wearing a long heavily embellished two piece gown which looked like it swallowed her.

"Theresa, Logan this is my second in command: Jeremiah Bennett" they both should his hand firmly and gave him a smile "and this is my mate Harrison Grace" Harry stuck out his hand "how do you do" they both looked at Harry and looked at his hand but made no effort to move. "Riiiight" Harry dropped his hand and awkwardly rubbed his neck. "Theresa, Logan where are Cameron and Lily?" See the Chantal's had two children which still sometimes shocked me because they were only both in their late twenties and Cameron was eight years old and Lily was three. "Oh they are back home with the nanny, so Abby how did you and Harry meet"

Harry looked at me startled "we met at a coffee shop" the Chantal's didn't even try to hide their distain "Oh well how human of you "
"Why don't we sit down" I gestured to the dining room table and they sat down, Jem and Harry at my sides.

"Now dear, we worry. The werewolf grapevine has told has that your mate is human and well we are concerned about the future of your pack"
"You mean my heirs?" I didn't want to beat around the bush, I knew why they were here "no child we just want to see if your companion here is up to the tasks of being your partner"
"You do know that when Harry and I have children that they will be werewolves" I watched them roll their eyes. "Also I will pick up being Abby's consort" Harry piped up "and I'll help him" added Jem and I smiled gratefully.

"I'm sorry darling but we can't support this and we feel that maybe the Saffrons and Violets should merge"
"I beg your pardon?" I watched Jem's eyes widen "well we just want the best for you and your pack"
"No no, you want me to forfeit my birthright because your worried about him" I pointed to Harry "I'm sorry but that's just insulting and I have to decline your offer"

"Think about this..." Logan reasoned "no you listen I am not going to merge my pack into the likes of yours and the fact that you thought that was an appropriate offer makes me question your ability to rule now get out of my house" I pointed to the door "your father will here about this child" I watched them stomp out of my house and honestly?

I couldn't  have cared less because good  riddance.