Chapter VIII

It was three days until homecoming.

Three.

I was sitting in the schools cafeteria with Sienna and Evie by my sides, they knew something was wrong but they hadn't pressed. Evie kept going on about how she and Jem had their first kiss when he took her ice skating at the local skate rink and it was as cliche as I thought it was. When she told me that they both tripped over and he kissed her then and even though Jem wanted it to be special Evie said it was the most magical kiss she'd ever had.

So on and so forth.

Ring ring

My phone started to ring and when I checked the caller ID I was surprised to see it was Ric - he never called me at school. "Hold on guys I have to take this" I walked over to the stairwell near the library and answered the phone. "Ric what's wrong?"
"I had a thought. What if you told Harry you like him at homecoming?"
"You know I can't do that..." I told him, playing with the fabric on the shirt. "Why not he's your mate and your in love with him!"
"Just because Harry's my mate doesn't mean-" I heard and noise around the corner and gasped. "I have to call you back..." I quickly hung up my phone and was met face to face with Tia.

"Well, well her majesty's mate is my boyfriend and oh no one except your brother knows" she said gleefully like this was the best news she had ever received. "You can't tell anyone" I said but she just laughed "why not? Your parents would love that. You introducing a half breed heir into your pack, a human rule by your side. It's too much" her voice was sing song and she was interrogated delighted at my misery. "What would you do if I told your entire pack that their queen was going to risk their entire safety for a stupid human" and I just lost it.

I lunged at her.

"You listen to me, you don't speak about my mate like that do you understand?" I had one hand around her throat and the other gripping her shoulder down. She looked at me with wide eyes and then screamed "HARRY HELP ME" I turned my head to see Harry watching me with an almost heartbroken look. "I- I..." I let go of her and sprinted off.

I had found myself on the back oval of the school, one where nobody really goes unless it's for sport. "Abby?" I turned to see Harrison running up behind me, breathing heavily. "WHAT!?" I creamed with such ferocity and malice that I almost was afraid I would rage shift.

"What do you want Harrison? Come to tell me to not touch your precious girlfriend? Come to tell me to stay away from you? Tell me." I sat down on the grass and knew that I probably going to get grass stains all over my white jeans but I no longer gave a shit. "Yes-no, I don't know." He sat down beside me and began to scuff dirt on his white vans. Suddenly with no words he grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through it, I was startled but I didn't move.

"You shouldn't have attacked her"
"I know"
I couldn't breathe because I was so focused on his finger laced through mine. "I don't know what's going on between us... I want to get to know you and somehow I'm always drawn to you" he looked at me dead in the eyes and I just wanted him to kiss me.

The silence felt like it extended for miles and he leaned in and we were close until the shrill of the bell broke us apart. "I.. we - we should go" he stood up quickly and held out his hand and he helped me up.

"If we don't go we will be late" and although I silently nodded and fell into step with him I couldn't help but want to tell and scream for another moment had been spoiled.

---

Nothing like attacking your girlfriend to set the mood am I right?

But now Tia knows that Harry is Abby's mate and shit is going to go down.

L xx