Chapter II

I usually love the sunrise. It's one the most peaceful times of day. We lived on a huge property and you could see you the sun from my window , I was one of those freaks of nature who struggled to sleep in and woke up early but went to bed late so I was functioning mostly in about five hours of sleep (but I live for power naps). I felt around on my bedside table for my glasses and put them on and the world suddenly came into sharp focus.

Coffee I needed coffee.

I feel like werewolves should be banned from coffee as it is because we are constantly full of energy. I stretched feeling my muscles crack as I began to wake my body up. I trudged downstairs into the kitchen suddenly feeling lightheaded. "A.P are you okay?" I heard Malachi ask me. "Oh dear" I felt a strange surge of energy and emotion which made me suddenly drop to the ground but I didn't pass out I just lay there, bit dazed. "holy shit Abby" I heard Mal rush over and the voices became all white noise which to me.

After a few minutes, mum helped me up - I didn't even see her come over. "what happened?" I asked her, clutching my head in pain. "Honey, you fell - but it's not possible..."
"What's not-"
"Shhh honey, it's nothing, you probably over exerted yourself yesterday, now go and get ready", She shooed me upstairs even though I hadn't eaten yet but somehow I didn't care.

I pulled on a strapless white dress and pulled a pink cardigan over it. I stared at myself in the mirror and touched my forehead hoping a bruise wouldn't form (werewolves have rapid healing not complete healing).

"Alright, welcome to seventeen Abigail"

---

I walked to Evie's house and noticed her waiting out front. I envied her, she always looked flawless. Evie like me was a golden brown wolf but she had white socks on her feet but the similarities ended there - she had coco coloured skin, deep blue eyes - almost indigo eyes and dark black hair which was sleek and straight compared to my curly mess.

"Abby!" She called out as I approached, giving her a hug. We began to walk into town to the coffee shop we usually went, however today I noticed a new coffee place: Lou's Cafe and Bookstore . It was cute looking, with its pale yellow exterior and flower boxes filled with different flowers and herbs.

I don't know why but I had a pull to go inside.

"Evie lets go in here" I pulled on her hand. "Why? Abby we always go to Geo's and come on Lauren knows our coffee order." It's true she knew our order inside out: a Carmel latte for me and a white chocolate mocha for Evie.

"Just come on!" I tugged her hard and we both barged through the door, where the man behind the counter looked up at us. "Hello, I'm Louis but my friends call me Lou" he waved as he continued to wipe down a coffee cup. We both waved awkwardly, a bit embarrassed by the racket. "Sit down girls, I grab one of my newbies to take your order ... OI HARRY!" I heard him yell into the shop which I noticed extended quite far.

Evie and I both sat down at the window seat. "Okay admit it- you like it here" I teased and she rolled her eyes "fine Abby you win" Evie liked routine and was very OCD about it so the fact she followed me said a lot. We continued to talk for a little while when I suddenly felt light headed again. I clutched my head in pain again, feeling it throb while my other hand gripped into the table. "Abby what's wrong?" Evie looked worried but I waved her off.

What was wrong with me?

"Hey are you okay?" I looked up to see a boy about my age maybe eighteen. Suddenly my head pounded and suddenly I could smell it - it was intoxicating. I glanced  at his name badge : Harry . I stared at him while Evie awkwardly gave him our order but I couldn't help it I could feel the pull but noticed something off about him. I noticed he didn't have a tattoo.

Werewolves have special tattoos which are only visible  to each other , like invisible ink. These tattoos are printed on us as babies (it doesn't hurt) and even if we go 'rogue' the traditional black fades to white like a symbol of us shedding our identity ( we are very poetic too). It hit me too late

My mate was a human, destined to be my consort .

Well shit.

--//---

Well well chapter two...

Here's a BTW , I am trying to break away from the usual werewolf lore so I am making up my own!

L xx