Chapter IV

I think I drank the entire water supply of the whole damn school. I swear to god now matter how much water I drank the splitting headache wouldn't go away. Even a complete and utter moron could see that i was in pain because by some sick twist of fate Tia Summers was dating my mate Harrison Grace... Harry. I wonder if he remembered me from the other day? The coffee shop my awkwardly staring at his wrists to see for the tattoo. Then me staring at him because he was so damn attractive and now he took World Lit.

I had made myself suffer through the day and had managed to keep myself far away from both Tia and Harry because even if he held her hand it made me get a dull ache. I figured out the further away I was the less it hurt both physically and mentally.

I had been doing that for three days now.

I feel the pack was worried because I hadn't found my mate yet - they thought I might be depressed but I was only depressed because my mate was a fucking human. By the time Saturday rolled around I was almost willing to scratch out my brain.

I decided I would buck up the courage and go and talk to him. I had to, since he wasn't a werewolf he didn't have the instinctive need to be with me but maybe he'd have slight curiosity instead? I pulled on a white tank top ,  white skirt and grabbed a black cardigan and went to the coffee shop - hoping Harry was working.

If I was your regular girl I guess you could perhaps call this the beginning of stalking. Well it would be if he wasn't technically mine and not Tia's. Tia didn't even need to be at my school anyway but of course she had been expelled from two schools previously in her own territory that my dad had given special permission for her to be here on my turf. She now lives with her aunt because hey she didn't have any royal duties or anything...

Okay I was bitter ,how could I not be?

Walking into the shop I noticed him in the corner serving an elderly couple, his back turned. I needed an excuse to for him to approach me, I had heard through the grape vine that he took five unites of english and two units of art. (Our school focused on English and arts mostly).

Wait he took the English course that was mainly Shakespeare and the classics!

I waltzed into the bookshelf section of the shop and found Shakespeare. (No bookshop is complete without it) and picked up the one of the only Shakespeare plays I actually knew well: Romeo and Juliet. I opened it up and waited for him to walk past me. There was a spilt second where i felt truely pathetic but hey he was the one!

Out the corner of my eye I could see him walk past and he then noticed me. "Come on Harrison Grace.." I mumbled   and then I watched him walk over. "Shakespeare fan ay?" He smiled and I looked up feigning surprise "oh yeah, it's actually my favourite"  it wasn't a lie, Romeo and Juliet was my favourite . "Well please tell me your favourite, surely it can't beat a classic" I teased. "Actually mines Othello." He retorted but he still had a smile on his lips.

I extended my hand "I'm Abigail Gilbert but everyone calls me Abby" he shook it and I watched him cautiously then I saw it the flash of familiarity "oh I go to school with you, we take World Lit together" but he introduced himself anyway but insisted I call him Harry. I still watched him and then I saw it the quick flicker of curiosity. 

Since werewolves have more accurate senses it would explain we feel the mate bond more deeply between each other because not just our senses are hyper aware but our emotions as well, it would explain why my pull is greater because my body would be sensing Harry doesn't love me when in reality his pure humanity is processing our attraction slowly for now as curiosity.

"So tell me, how does it feel to be one of the most popular males at Fredrick Salvatore High?" I teased but I was actually in pain because his popularity was because of Tia. "It's okay, I mean I met Tia over the summer when moving into my families new place..."

"Yeah Lou mentioned you live up on Willow street?"

"You know it?"

"I live on it" I chuckled and his face flickered briefly to excitement.  "Well maybe I will see around there sometime.?" He suggested, then I did the strangest thing: "well why don't we have coffee first?" I asked him in one rapid breath. For a second he looked surprised then amused and then surprised again.

"Okay tomorrow at 10, we can come here?"

"Tomorrow at 10, here" I smiled then without even buying a coffee or a book I left blissfully and deliriously happy.

---

I have just noticed that my mean girl characters have the same initials:

Spotlight: Tallulah Saxon
Howler: Tia Summers

Anyway I am sorry that the mate bond seems so complex but I feel like the story wouldn't stand out if these characters had it easy.

L xx