Chapter XXVI

It was now early October and like with Stanley the pact was still reeling slowly from Avery's death. Time was started to fly: homecoming had been almost three weeks ago and it was almost two weeks since Avery had...The wolf was still at large and the packs surrounding us, even the surrounding states ( The Lumiere and Maleficus packs were now on high alert).

"Come on A.P you need some fun" Evie tried to cheer me up so had taken me hiking up Wesley Trail and somehow the views and the idea of my sweating out all the fluids from this activity actually was helping. "Evie it's not that simple, I am going to be Queen of the Violets and that includes protecting us and two people have died." Evie sighed "that's not your fault and you know it" oh how wrong she was. "Fine you won't be convinced but maybe you could forgive Harry now? The boy is doing his best now and Tia is being weirdly quiet about the whole thing..." it's true Tia hadn't made a peep and that did make me nervous but ultimately it wasn't registering as a high number in my priority list.

"I-I... " I didn't know what to do and maybe that made me the biggest coward but I was lost and scared and spiralling. "Abby don't live a life without your mate just because of your pride, don't be like Avery who's life ended without her experiencing so much." I nodded and that hit me right in the heart "I will talk to Harry as soon as we get off this god forsaken trail" and Evie sighed relieved. "Oh thank god lets go"

We ended up shifting and running down that trail as fast as our paws would carry us.

----

I had decided I would see Harry that afternoon mainly because I am impatient and the other because I probably wouldn't have the courage tomorrow. I showered and pulled on a halter neck red spotted dress which "coincidently" accentuated what little cleavage I had - basically I looked like I had a rack.

Walking down the street to his house my mind had flashes of that night, the glint of the knife and the fact that Harry's end was so close and for the first time Harry asked questions. He asked questions on why I was there and why I looked terrified. He was the first to notice and it made telling him the truth about me so much harder.

I walked up to the front door and knocked as gently as I could, waiting a few moments the door opened and Harry was standing in front of me. "Hi...can I come in?" Harry wordlessly opened the door wider and gestured me inside. Harry led me down a hallway and into his kitchen where he was obviously half way through eating.

I took a moment to realise this was the first time I had been in his house.

"Can I help you?" He sounded so angry and yet so calm, it was eerie. "I wanted to tell you that I forgive you about Tia and that I'm sorry about spooking you the other night..." I walked over to his cautiously the way I did as if I was sneaking up on someone. Harry smirked and turned to face me catching my hands as I went to reach out "I told you I'd win you over" he smiled "it wasn't you per say..." I said looking down but Harry lifted up my chin "I am still happy that your here, but will you ever tell me why you were at my window?"

"Maybe one day... but not today" I reached up and kissed him in the cheek. "Fine then I have a question" he started "yeah?"
"Will you go on a date with me? A real one, one where we don't get interrupted or attacked. Just you and me tomorrow night" he looked deep in my eyes and all I could do was nod. "I'll pick you up at 6 tomorrow night?" and I nodded again. "Now can I get a real kiss?" rolling my eyes I grabbed him and kissed him as fiercely as I could.

"Damn girl now that's a real kiss."

---

I know I haven't done an authors note in awhile but I thought I should. OMG they made up! So I know some might think is progressing slowly but I want this to be longer than spotlight and it will ultimately chronicle a year or even two. This book will be long and I hope it will be 50 chapters or even more and I hope everyone who is reading will be on this journey with me.

L xx