Chapter XXIII

Harry has been trying to woo me for almost a week. Yep a week. He bought me flowers, he pulled out chairs and even drove me home from school. Anything whether it big or small Harry insisted on completing or assisting me in. If I ever went into Lou's (which was practically everyday) he would give me my coffee on the house.

It was later in the week that Evie snapped "oh come on Abby! Go out with the poor boy he's trying so hard" she and Sienna were pitting him but I was also suffering the consequences of Tia's wrath: although she couldn't do much to me in the eyes of werewolf law, she could still play dirty. That included spilling mystery gravy on my favourite sweater dress, defacing my locker in blue spray paint and even trying to shred an assignment (lucky I make copies).

"He slept with her and I have the wounds to prove it" like it said we heal faster but since my wounds were so traumatic they were going to take awhile and Dr Bennett said some might even scar - a permanent reminder of what he did to me. "Abby I know but he's your mate, you have to be with him you've already seen the consequences" I shrugged but honestly although I was willing to be cordially around him I wasn't ready to forgive. "If you don't be with him you may never get the title, he will never fulfil his destiny" I scoffed "don't you think your being a bit dramatic Evie?" She shook her head.

"I know why don't we have a sleepover tonight? I'm sure my mum misses you" Evie asked and it's true ever since Jem I haven't been over to Evie's in some time. "Oh yeah you can tell me all about one Jeremiah Bennett" I winked and Evie blushed "Abby! It's only been a month!"
"So we're werewolves we like to move fast" and Evie punched my arm and that shut me up quickly. It's true though werewolves although we like to think our selves as respectful we also move quickly when we find our mates (unless there are human...) but we tend to get entangled quickly, the marking and mating then follow quickly. Usually werewolves are married by 20 and having pups by 22 but women do not class themselves as baby makers ultimately we have the same rights as a male werewolf and that's that.

We don't believe in that inequality bullshit. Men and women are the same in our packs. Too bad the rest of our countries didn't see it that way. What can we say? We are revolutionary.

"Alright alright I'll text mum but come round mine about five? I'll even bust out the cider?" The Pierces had a cellar and the cider they buy -amazing. "Cool we can order pizza" and we spent the rest of luck planning our sleepover and it felt like it had before all the crap has happened.

---

That night I was given the all clear to go to Evie's but we had to be at pack training tomorrow bright and early. I tried to pack clothes that covered the large scabbing scratches that covered my body but almost almost nothing worked. I pulled off a dark blue dress and chucked it onto the floor with my other clothes and tried to find something that covered them all. Eventually I found a canary yellow maxi dress and a weather to go over the top that would have to do. Leaving the house I began to walk to Evie's place, hitching my bag onto my shoulder excited to be having some quality time with my best friend.

Reaching the front door of her house I could hear giggles. I knew straight away it was Evie. I pushed open the front door and made my way upstairs a this house I knew like the back of my hand. "Jem stop" I heard it then and part of me didn't want to intrude but the other part of me was pissed. Pushing open her bedroom door I was met with my two childhood friends ticking each other "what the hell?" I dropped my bag and rubbed my shoulder "oh shit Abby- I lost track of time" she sat up and pulled the strap of her bra up. "It's fine, it's fine - I need a drink"
"I brought up some lemonade earlier" Evie held up the large bottle "I need a real fucking drink" I meant alcohol. The stronger the better.

While poring myself a shot I saw Jem walk out of the house and he gave me an awkward wave, Evie following close behind. "I didn't forget" I scoffed maybe I was being harsh but I didn't care "Abby! I didn't he was just here and then he said something funny and I wouldn't laugh and he started tickling me-" I held up my hand "don't continue"
"Yes your majesty" I narrowed my eyes at her I wasn't exactly in the mood for royal jokes. "Fine fine is sorry and I understand you've been going through a lot and I am sorry honest" before I could object Evie was hugging me from behind so tightly I think my bones were breaking and you know since the whole super strength thing - it could happen.

"Let *cough* go" Evie let go quickly. "Sorry sorry, come on now let's watch Gilmore girls and we can chat and catch up like old times" she grabbed my hand and it didn't take me long to stop being cranky. I had to treasure this while it was happening because the back of my mind still went to that wolf.

The blue eyes and the murderous voice were the two things that stayed...