Chapter VII

I don't remember the last time I felt sick about going to school. Nerves was one thing but pure dread was another. I brushed my hair and pushed a headband into it, I pulled on my shirt and jeans and kept staring in mirror. I didn't want to see him. But unfortunately we shared three classes together and I could think about every time I saw him was his lips on Tia's and my mind being ripped apart.

I had to be strong, I had to be brave.

It had only been twenty four hours and my family was still fussing over me and is siting they do everything for me. In case you didn't know, werewolves are prideful creatures and we don't like to be babied. I suppressed the need to yell at them, so I slipped out of the house and began my walk to school , thirty blissful minutes to think.

Thankfully no one had heard about my episode and the school day was more or less about the impending even if the social season : Homecoming. Of course this meant the cliche titles of homecoming king and queen were being thrown around and two names kept popping up :

Tia Summers and Harry Grace

I groaned and went into the bathroom and splashed my face with water. While doing so I heard mutters of homecoming and of course the two instigators were Lara Forest and Erin Donovan, Tia's personal minions who weren't mean exactly but were fiercely loyal. Of course these two had been commissioned to insert Tia's name into any conversation that correlated to homecoming.

I used to really like homecoming, I liked the dresses, the dancing and the cheesiness of it. It kept me grounded and human. Exiting the bathroom I made my way to my locker and saw someone was already there. "Harry?" I saw him snap to attention and give me a weary smile, I swooned slightly at the sight of him but I quickly peaked to see if Tia was around. "I don't know why I'm even here..." he began looking both worried and confused. "Yeah well me either" I said harshly, pushing past him to reach my locker. "No! I wanted to apologise about yesterday and that I didn't come... were you waiting there?" I had two options lie or tell him the truth, I chose the stupid option.

"Ten minutes tops but hey I hope you and Tia had a lovely time, I heard making out in front of a coffee shop is all the rage now" he looked speechless but I simply slammed my locker shut and began to walk away...

"WAIT!" I turned and watch him run up to meet me. "What?" I asked him, now becoming annoyed. "I want to make it up to you...please? I don't even know why but I have this need to get to know you"

The bond it was pulling him more now, hopefully soon he would stop fighting it. "What do you suggest?" I asked "come to my house, we could have dinner. That way I won't be able to back out or do anything okay?" He looked desperate and I agreed to his proposal. He took out a piece of paper from one of his books and scrubbed down the address, leaving me just as confused as he probably was.

----

The day seemed to become infinitely slower with the constant chatter in homecoming (which was in three weeks) and Evie's swooning over Jem - it had been less than twenty four hours since their date. I had to heard about he complemented her dress (apparently he thinks blue is a good colour on her), the restaurant and how he walked her home and insisted they wait to kiss because he wanted it to be special.

Blah blah blah

I was about to strangle myself when Sienna walked over and plopped down beside us. It was only 1:00 and I wasn't exactly coping because I had two hours left of the day. "Did you guys here about Tia's campaign? Apparently she's getting a float!" I rolled my eyes at Sienna because the more I heard about Tia the more I wanted to throw myself of the roof of the building.

"Hi girls, I hope you will all make the right choice about homecoming queen" speak of devil, Tia was being annoyingly nice which generally meant she needed something from you. I looked up and growled at her which she merely smirked at. "Oh Abby do you feel sick, you look about pale" she simpered and I touched my cheeks in embarrassment "oh and Harry told me that you invited him to have coffee. Cute that you think that you can steal my boyfriend" that's it I couldn't take it and I went to lunge at her but Evie and Sienna stopped me "Abby don't, your crown isn't worth" Evie whispered "it is right now, let me take her... Get back here you fuc-" but they clamped their hands over my mouth and pushed me back into my chair as Tia just sighed and walked away.

One day, I will put her in her place and I would do it like a Queen.

---

Okay so Harry apologised which is good and he invited her out for dinner which is better. He is starting to feel the pull now.

Next chapters will deal with Abby going into wolf form, dinner and of course the general problems about the mate bond.